Post a reply

Real Newbie Question......What is NavCore For?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:33 pm

Title says it all really....

1) What is NavCore for?
2) How do I know if I have Navcore?
3) Whats the latest NavCore / Map pack for TomTom ONE XL 1GB Western & Centeral Europe?

Sorry for being a newbie...

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:56 am

treesmoker wrote:Title says it all really....

1) What is NavCore for?
2) How do I know if I have Nacore?
3) Whats the latest NavCore / Map pack for TomTom ONE XL 1GB Western & Centeral Europe?

Sorry for being a newbie...

1. It is your TomTom's operating system, like Windows is to a PC.
2. Answer 1 should delete the need for question 2.
3. What is your current navcore & map.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:40 am

Hey tendriver, i was really hoping you'd be around to lend me a hand,

How do i find out what navcore / maps im using currently seeing as i cannot get past the error stated in my other thread? I assume there's a way of checking a .bif file or using TT Home?

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:49 am

treesmoker wrote:How do i find out what navcore / maps im using currently

Go here: TomTom Current Config for newbies {29.09.2011} Read the instructions carefully. Download & run this little program & post your results here.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:15 am

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL
BootLoaderVersion=53026
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369
CurrentMap=Western_Europe_1GB
CurrentMapVersion=710.1561

TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...

TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...

TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
Not Found...

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:53 am

treesmoker wrote:TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL
BootLoaderVersion=53026
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369
CurrentMap=Western_Europe_1GB
CurrentMapVersion=710.1561

Current
Navcore = 8.010
Map = WE 1GB 710.1561

New
Navcore = 8.010
Map = Europe_1GB_West_880_3868

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:22 pm

Hey TenDriver, I updated the maps to 880_3868 by simply the old "Western_Europe_1GB" folder from the root of the tomtom to a backup folder on the desktop, then copied over the "Europe_1GB_West_880.3868" onto the root, and used fastactivate again, patching all from left to right, then waited 30seconds and disconnected the device and it started, recognised the new map, and all voices work perfectly. HOWEVER.......

1) I have no GPS Signal at all... All I get is "waiting for GPS signal" (I have waited and moved location testing for upto 3hours now)

2) why is the new maps folder only 705mb and the old one was 909mb?

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:39 pm

treesmoker wrote:1) I have no GPS Signal at all... All I get is "waiting for GPS signal" (I have waited and moved location testing for upto 3hours now)

2) why is the new maps folder only 705mb and the old one was 909mb?

1. Changing maps shouldn't have any effect on the gps signal. When did you get your last QuickGPSfix update?

2. Some of the maps have gotten so big that they will not fit on some devices. TT has "fixed" this with zone maps.

[Please Register or Login to download file]

Western Europe 1GB 880.3868 is over 1GB & will not fit. Europe West is a zone map.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:59 pm

I havn't had a GPSfix since i installed the new maps, only one right at the start before I came on here and started asking for help.

UPDATE: I deleted all the GPSfix files from both the device and the computer, then ran the TT Home app and installed mapshare update and GPSfix update. i'm gunna sit it in the window ledge and see what happends next.

Any other idea's incase this fails?

Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:25 pm

treesmoker wrote:Any other idea's incase this fails?

There is nothing you can do for a sat lockon other than what you've done. It is known that the first lockon after a bit of device tinkering can take a little longer. A couple of times I've shut my unit down & rebooted for a slow lockon.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:59 pm

hahaha, funnily enough i had read that somebody with the same problem said it took 45mins before he found the GPS signal, and when I was sat in the bath, after around 35mins i heard Homer Simpson say "Turn around and then turn left!" however i still don't have any speed camera on the TT ONE XL, fast activate says are arent any to patch?

I simply downloaded them and copied them into the maps folder

Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:32 pm

To activate these cameras, copy and paste the appropriate .ov2 and .ov2ver files into your map folder on your device or memory card and use FastActivate 24.11.2011 {1.8.8.0}, the same way as you activate a map.

After you patch them, you will have an
.ov2 file, an .ov2ver file and an .ov2.dct file.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:34 pm

god I really should start trying things myself before I keep asking for help! I downloaded the premium cams, copied, patched and working like a charm.... then read your comments, i think it wasn't working to start with because I was using the wrong map (UK & RoI Zoned) instead of official TomTom Sticky thread maps.

Anyway I can't thank you enough for all of your help with this man, you've made what would have taken 1 - 2 weeks of painful research into 24 hours of easy learning!

I think I could possibly make our works driver a happy man by using these techniques as he's been going on about the works TT XL Live having very old maps on it.

Whats the easiest way to figure out which maps I would need for the work TT? run config software and get current maps then check the tables in some of the 8xxxx map threads???

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:17 pm

treesmoker wrote: 1. (UK & RoI Zoned)
    2. Anyway I can't thank you enough for all of your help with this man, you've made what would have taken 1 - 2 weeks of painful research into 24 hours of easy learning!

3. I think I could possibly make our works driver a happy man by using these techniques as he's been going on about the works TT XL Live having very old maps on it.
    Whats the easiest way to figure out which maps I would need for the work TT? run config software and get current maps then check the tables in some of the 8xxxx map threads???

1. ???
    2. You are Welcome.
    3. Go here: Latest Europe TRUCK Map Europe Truck 880.3845 is current.
    Note: the map has 2 metas. the "standard" 1 & a .tmeta. FastActivate will patch both of them at the same time.

Navcore 8.398.1917 WORK inc. Truck - for Go7000/9000, go520/720/920, Go530/730/930 is current

[b]http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/nav...-WORK.rev1.cab

Pre-patched SE ttsystem & PNDNavigator

[/b]

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:30 am

Okay but the driver is only a white van driver, will he still need the Truck maps? and he only drives in the UK, so will he be better off using a UK only map? and will he need the truck maps or standard maps?

1) http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?7009-UK-Zoned-PGPSW-Speedcams-26-10-11

Copy all the files into the UKandROI map folder, To get voice warnings go to...

Change Preferences -> Manage POI's -> Warn when near POI

Find the speedcam file and tap it, Edit the distance if needed then tap OK, Tap Yes for the sound question (No sound is played)
    Post a reply