RDS-TMC Service For GO 910   

RDS-TMC Service For GO 910

Postby destiny246 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the help so far, I have updated my GO910 by searching and using the information that you have given to other members through out the forum. Everything is working great. I just have one question for you. When I connect my GO910 to the windshield mount that came with it, it says on the top right corner that "TOMTOM RDS-TMC receiver connected" , but I DO NOT have any external receiver connected to it. Does that mean that my windshield mount has built in RDS-TMC receiver. If so than i am not getting any traffic information. I tried tunning to the appropriate station (totaltraffic.com), but it only shows car with the arrow moving on top.

I upgraded my GO910 to Navcore 9.051 and maps 880.3810

You guys are awesome and thanks for all the help.
destiny246 offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:07 pm

destiny246 wrote:Hello,

Thanks for the help so far, I have updated my GO910 by searching and using the information that you have given to other members through out the forum. Everything is working great. I just have one question for you. When I connect my GO910 to the windshield mount that came with it, it says on the top right corner that "TOMTOM RDS-TMC receiver connected" , but I DO NOT have any external receiver connected to it. Does that mean that my windshield mount has built in RDS-TMC receiver. If so than i am not getting any traffic information. I tried tunning to the appropriate station (totaltraffic.com), but it only shows car with the arrow moving on top.

I upgraded my GO910 to Navcore 9.051 and maps 880.3810

You guys are awesome and thanks for all the help.

No your windshield mount is not a TMC receiver. Using a non-official navcore often has some unexpected results. This is one of them. You might review the traffic section in your owner's manual. No Manual?? Use this link.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby destiny246 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I looked at the link and I understand the concept now. Last question for you is, will it work if I buy the RDS-TMC receiver and plug it in, I won't have any problem right? and how is the respond form other users and your advice, Does the TMC traffic reciever work well? I live in New York.
destiny246 offline

Postby horsedentist » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:23 pm

Don't know what it's like in USA but I have one and had a heck of a job to get it to pick up a station on 9026. navcore. I also had the same problem as you with it saying it was connected when there was no receiver in the car mount. However I messed around with the mctx.dat file changed it for several different ones that I found in various navcores and eventually found one dated 2008 that seemed to make a difference and it started logging on no problem. I saw on another site (I don't think I am allowed to mention the name of it here) that someone had made a pnd patch for the 9051 that stops it thinking it is connected when it isn't. If someone could tell me if it is permissable I can tell you what to google to find it without mentioning the actual site.
horsedentist offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:35 pm

destiny246 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. I looked at the link and I understand the concept now. Last question for you is, will it work if I buy the RDS-TMC receiver and plug it in, I won't have any problem right? and how is the respond form other users and your advice, Does the TMC traffic reciever work well? I live in New York.

You know from reading the manual that your 910 has RDS-TMC capability. What affect having 9.051 installed will have, I can't say. I wouldn't buy a receiver, unless it is returnable.

@ horsedentist, send destiny the link in a PM.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby horsedentist » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Destiny did you manage to get it sorted ?
horsedentist offline

Postby destiny246 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:35 am

Yes I am watiting for the receiver to come in my mail. Thanks guys for all the help. Sorry for the late reply. I was away. And the thread can be closed.
destiny246 offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:00 am

Thanx for the update.

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom