Question about voices   

Question about voices

Postby Saxon8 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Hello :)

Okay, so I've been playing about with the 140 standard voices found elsewhere on these shores. TBH I just plastered the whole lot onto my TT. I then noticed that some voices did not show up at all or incorrectly (bmps on wrong person for example). The ones that seemed to be affected were the ones starting at no.120 and above.

So I took one from the list, namely 134 Victoria Beckham and just changed the no. and updated the vif to 34 and rebooted. It now worked but came up as Katarzyna - Polski which is the correct name on the list but the voice was Beckham's. Same for slot 170, bmp and voice correct but with name Ana - Chile. I then plopped it into the 61 slot and it worked okay and was listed as Special 1.

So, I've learnt (I think!) that TT assigns an OFFICIAL number to each voice and that special voices must be assigned a slot between 61 and 119 to function correctly ie. Special 1-59 inc. Is my thinking right here?

I then noticed that using FastActivate disabled some of these voices. Of course! They aren't official voices so FastActivate was working on the assumption that I had the correct voice in the slot which I didn't.

So my question is, is there an official list anywhere for voices or is it not really worth doing one as they get changed frequently? You put a special voice anywhere in the range above and off you go?
Saxon8 offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:14 pm

The answer is in having the correct meta. Example, I posted Sylvia yesterday with this correct meta.

; data79_Sylvia
90 EA F8 15 C8 EC FB 72 0E 9E C0 84 FF F6 F6 CA data79.chk

In the list you referenced data79.chk is: data79.chk - Patrick Stewart - English (UK)
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Saxon8 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:32 am

I haven't had chance to listen to Sylvia (been working too hard ;) ) but is that the Sylvia from oop north that comes on late night radio phone in sessions? I'd describe her as a real life Hilda Ogden. She gets me goin' she does!
Saxon8 offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:47 am

Saxon8 wrote:I haven't had chance to listen to Sylvia (been working too hard ;) ) but is that the Sylvia from oop north that comes on late night radio phone in sessions? I'd describe her as a real life Hilda Ogden. She gets me goin' she does!

I am on the west side of the "Big Pond" and am not familiar with this radio program.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Saxon8 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:35 pm

Ah, right. She's been on a fair few shows, always has something to say and a point to make. If you do an image search for 'nora batty' you wil get an idea of the person I am thinking about ;) I just can't see it being this Sylvia, would be funny though!
Saxon8 offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Saxon8 wrote:Ah, right. She's been on a fair few shows, always has something to say and a point to make. If you do an image search for 'nora batty' you wil get an idea of the person I am thinking about ;) I just can't see it being this Sylvia, would be funny though!

This TomTom Sylvia is referred to as "Sexy Sylvia".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Saxon8 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:09 pm

One man's meat is another man's poison! :)
Saxon8 offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom