Problem with Traffic updates on XXL 540TM IQ Routes Edition   

Problem with Traffic updates on XXL 540TM IQ Routes Edition

Postby dbrunt » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:52 am

Navcore: 9.510.1234792.2 (Official TT version)
Map: USA_Canada v955.6746

The problem I am having is with the TMC traffic. The receiver works (I get a green dot) but the traffic alerts it gives me are very often erroneous. This started happening a year or so ago with older map (USA_Canada_and_Mexico_935_5811) and older navcore I think. For example, for the longest time it was reporting a traffic tie up on 176 St from 96 Ave to 56 Ave, both ways. This was 24/7 for several weeks. That tie up finally did clear from the TT (without my help). I'm trying to figure out if it is a TMC reception problem or what could be causing it.
dbrunt offline

V.I.P Member

Re: Problem with Traffic updates on XXL 540TM IQ Routes Edition

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:24 am

1. The TMC data comes from external sources, it is basically the same you hear in the traffic updates on the radio.
2. A solid, green dot ideed indicates that you are connected to a radio station with a TMC signal - but not that you actually receive any traffic data ;)
3. The traffic data is not related to your map or Navcore, other than that you get the traffic info based on what map you use and where you are.

A) Try to find out what radio station in your area actually provides TMC data, add their frequency manually into the TMC settings instead of the auto search.
B) Make sure the antenna cable is as straight as possible, e.g. along the windscreen and then down but not curled up to save space - only an erected antenna has clear reception.
C) If all fail try a different MCTX.DAT (root of the TT) - the one from the 8.351 Navcore is still one of the best.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom