Problem updating meta.txt   

Problem updating meta.txt

Postby bheart » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Hi

Just changed my map on my XXL Classic from Western Europe to Europe West to get more FREE space and after replacing map with latest 880 map and copying latest speedcams' to map folder.

I ran fast activate and started with update the meta and I get the following error message:

ERROR: Could not get file time on server. Check your internet connection
Integrated meta.txt enabled

Press any key to continue ...

I then tried, Maps/Voices/Speedcams + tts system + PND Navigator + TomTom HOME and ALL were updated without problems, so there is nothing wrong with my internet connection.

Why can't I update meta file?
bheart offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:31 pm

bheart wrote:Hi

Just changed my map on my XXL Classic from Western Europe to Europe West to get more FREE space and after replacing map with latest 880 map and copying latest speedcams' to map folder.

1. I ran fast activate and started with update the meta and I get the following error message:

ERROR: Could not get file time on server. Check your internet connection
Integrated meta.txt enabled

Press any key to continue ...

2. I then tried, Maps/Voices/Speedcams + tts system + PND Navigator + TomTom HOME and ALL were updated without problems, so there is nothing wrong with my internet connection.

3. Why can't I update meta file?

1. The current version of FA has most of the 880 metas already in it. If you run it & it patches your map, there is really no need to update it.

2. The Maps/Voices/Speedcams, tts system/PND Navigator & TomTom HOME features do not use the intenet.

3. I just ran the FA meta update feature with no problem.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom