POI not showing on map - but set to show   

POI not showing on map - but set to show

Postby Tsunami » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:05 am

Ive searched here and the www and found no answer to this, though others have experienced it, that even though they have selected certain POI to show on they map they dont.

TomTom Xl 64mb
app 9.485
OS 547200
bootloader 5.524
gps 1.20
map: UK & ROI 910.4952 and UK & ROI 910.4892

Ive done a few tomtom for friends and family and never had any issues like this before.

I select petrol stations in "show poi on map" go for a little test drive, picks up the speed cam ok, drive past the petrol station, and nothing. Ive tried adding other POI from the "show poi on map" and they dont show. Now if i go to manage POI and select warn when near POI, any i select will show on the map, give me the warning sound (if i dont use silence)& count down. But this is not how I want to run it. I just want to show the POI in the normal way

Ive tried wiping the drive, starting from scratch and tried another map, still the same.

Any ideas appreciated, its driving me nuts

Mtia
Tsunami offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:18 am

Tsunami wrote:1. map: UK & ROI 910.4952 and UK & ROI 910.4892
2. I select petrol stations in "show poi on map" go for a little test drive, picks up the speed cam ok, drive past the petrol station, and nothing

1. What is the logic of having a full featured version & no featured version of the same 910 edition map?
2. Main Menu, Change preferences, Show POI on map, I select ATM/Bank, Car Dealership & Gas Station & click Done. I check 3D View & 2D View & Done. Main Menu, Browse map & all 3 checked POIs show up.
3. Main Menu, Navigate to, a point on map past the 3 checked POIs, ran a DEMO & all 3 checked POIs show up. No alerts set & no alerts received.
4. Main Menu, Change preferences, Manage POIs, Warn when near POI, set up warnings, ran a DEMO & all 3 checked POIs show up with alerts.

Device X20, Navcore 9.510, Map 910.4892
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tsunami » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:27 am

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Ill reply in the same number order as you.

1. I put both on incase it was an issue with a map, say the poi file was corrupt, the other answers apply to both maps.

2. They show up on browse map.

3. It will navigate to the POI, but they dont show on the map

4. Yep they warn & show up when I do that way, which I had already said in my original post.

I just cant see what is wrong :( once again thanks for answering, any other ideas?
Tsunami offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:17 pm

Tsunami wrote:3. It will navigate to the POI, but they dont show on the map

3. In this instance, the POI is there, but it is covered by the black & white checkered "finish line" banner & is almost impossible to see.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:03 am

Ok so it looks like i am stuffed unless I set it as a warning :(
Tsunami offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:11 pm

Tsunami wrote:Ok so it looks like i am stuffed unless I set it as a warning

I don't see the importance of having an icon, if the routing takes you to the correct destination & the black & white checkered "Reached Your Destination" banner is seen.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Just so that when I'm driving around an area I don't particularly know, sometimes its handy to know in advance there is a petrol station coming up rather than having to go and alter my route to find one.

Just a personal preference, thanks for taking the time to answer.
Tsunami offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:28 pm

Tsunami wrote:Just so that when I'm driving around an area I don't particularly know, sometimes its handy to know in advance there is a petrol station coming up rather than having to go and alter my route to find one.

Just a personal preference, thanks for taking the time to answer.

Now you have lost me. In post 3 you state:

Tsunami wrote:2. They show up on browse map.

3. It will navigate to the POI, but they dont show on the map

In line 3 are you saying, that if you plan a route to a petrol station, your device will take you there, but if there are other petrol stations between your starting point & the destination petrol station, none of them, including the destination, show up in route??
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tsunami » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:42 pm

tendriver wrote:Now you have lost me. In post 3 you state:

In line 3 are you saying, that if you plan a route to a petrol station, your device will take you there, but if there are other petrol stations between your starting point & the destination petrol station, none of them, including the destination, show up in route??

That is correct
Tsunami offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:55 am

Tsunami wrote:That is correct

OK, now I am with you. Browse map is usually viewed in 2D. An active route map is usually viewed in 3D.

Post 2, Point 2 reads: Main Menu, Change preferences, Show POI on map, I select ATM/Bank, Car Dealership & Gas Station & click Done. I check 3D View & 2D View & Done.
You did not directly respond to: I check 3D View & 2D View & Done. Confirm that both 2D & 3D are checked.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tsunami » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi, Yes I turned on in "Show POI on map" Petrol station,doctors, & dentist. I then ran the demo in 2D and 3D and in both cases they do not show up on a route, regardless of how many the route goes by.
Tsunami offline

Postby rymac » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:54 pm

Have you tried Main menu page 2 "Browse Map" - "Options" - tick box for POIs. I think you can show either POIs or Traffic if you have it, not both.
rymac offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:26 pm

rymac wrote:I think you can show either POIs or Traffic if you have it, not both.

Traffic is grayed out on units, that don't support live traffic.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tsunami » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Thanks for looking, but as tendriver says the option for traffic was greyed out. Yes the poi where ticked, and so was favorites. So I tried the demo with and without favorites and sadly it still the same.
Tsunami offline

Postby Tsunami » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Just an Update, after lots of playing with different maps and navcores, I finally managed to get it to work.

Couldnt get it working on (downunders) 9.430 or 9.485 no matter what emu etc I tried. So I thought what the hell and id try his 9.510.

I installed the "Go" version from his installer on a clean install and I got the POI working as expected whoooo hoooo, but... no voices :( so i copied my voices over as I didnt have them on the clean install and it still had no voices *SIGH* so then installed the voice option over the top of the GO from the installer and.... Finally All working good.

btw my emu mode that I used was 50.
Tsunami offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom