POI's not found?   

POI's not found?

Postby Attila7 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:18 pm

I have a Go 730, standard navcore, updated map from here (North America 870.3406.
I have patched everything, gps works, home works, voices work, map works.
I went to TomTom and found a POI tour that I wanted (Yellowstone), I installed it
and it didn't work? I then reran the patchers, still doesn't work? Any suggestions?
Attila7 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat May 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Attila7 wrote:I have a Go 730, standard navcore,

1. updated map from here (North America 870.3406.
I went to TomTom and found a POI tour that I wanted (Yellowstone),
2. I installed it and it didn't work? I then reran the patchers,
3. Still doesn't work? Any suggestions?

1. Your updated map is no longer up to date!! Current is 885.XXXX
2. POI's do not require patching
3. Please explain "doesn't work".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby rotop » Sat May 05, 2012 7:50 pm

I have a Go 730, standard navcore, updated map from here (North America 870.3406.
I went to TomTom and found a POI tour that I wanted (Yellowstone), I installed it
and it didn't work? I then reran the patchers, still doesn't work? Any suggestions?

Follow these simple instructions to download this tour to your TomTom device.

Download TomTom OV2 File - this zipped file contains a listing of all the tour locations and their names as well as POI icons.

Save the files to your TomTom device. When you connect your device to your computer via the USB cable, it will show up as a new drive in "My Computer". Open this drive and locate the map directory. Export the .ov2 and .bmp files to this directory. So copy both files unzipped in the map folder!!!

Enable POI's on your TomTom Device. Finally, enable POI's on your TomTom device and select them in your POI categories. The tour's locations will now be displayed on your screen in both 3D maps and 2D maps. (Even if you choose not to display POI's on screen, you can also "navigate to" your POI's, find POI's near your location etc.)

Enable your TomTom to display the tour locations. To do this, go to Preferences and select Manage POI. Select the tour locations you just installed to enable them.
rotop offline

Postby Attila7 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:00 pm

"doesn't work" - the gps says no POI found when I try to search it up. It shows in the directory and I can locate it on the gps but it won't open. When I dl the poi it goes to the North America folder. There is also a maps folder on the gps, should the poi be moved to there?

How can I download the poi's from tomtom without connecting my gps? Home won't let me in unless my gps is connected? Perhaps I can direct it to the mem card instead?

How do I "enable" poi's on my device?
Attila7 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat May 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Attila7 wrote:1. "doesn't work" - the gps says no POI found when I try to search it up.
2. It shows in the directory and I can locate it on the gps but it won't open. When I dl the poi it goes to the North America folder. There is also a maps folder on the gps, should the poi be moved to there?

3. How can I download the poi's from tomtom without connecting my gps? Home won't let me in unless my gps is connected?
4. Perhaps I can direct it to the mem card instead?

5. How do I "enable" poi's on my device?

1. I don't know what "search it up" refers to.
2. I don't know what "but it won't open" refers to. The North America folder is exactly where it belongs.
3. What is wrong with connecting your gps?
4. That depends on why you don't want to connect your device.
5. You don't enable the POIs, you set the alerts for them in Main Menu, Change preferences, Manage POIs.

What is the exact name of the poi that you downloaded, & what page is it on?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Attila7 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:06 am

Search for the poi on the gps, I can find it in the poi list and select it, when I select and tap ok it says no poi found? It is in the North America folder, and I have no problem connecting the gps to the computer. Those questions were based on the rotop's reply, to me it sounded like he instructed me to dl the poi then transfer it to the gps? I don't know what page it is on I just ran a search and it came up, it's called Yellowstone POI and it's from the community, perhaps it is corrupt?
Attila7 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun May 06, 2012 1:11 am

It will still be only a poi collection, not a tour.
You will be able to navigate to the poi's show them on the map and so on, but to make a tour out of it you would need a .itn file.
Since it is community content you never know if it is complete or tested to work.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sun May 06, 2012 1:25 am

Attila7 wrote:Search for the poi on the gps, I can find it in the poi list and select it, when I select and tap ok it says no poi found? It is in the North America folder, and I have no problem connecting the gps to the computer. Those questions were based on the rotop's reply, to me it sounded like he instructed me to dl the poi then transfer it to the gps? I don't know what page it is on I just ran a search and it came up, it's called Yellowstone POI and it's from the community, perhaps it is corrupt?

I can navigate to 48 locations in the Yellowstone POIs.
I can see all 48 locations in Main Menu, Browse map.
I can see all 48 locations in Main Menu, Change preferences, Show POI on map.
I can set the alerts for the Yellowstone POIs in Main Menu, Change preferences, Manage POIs, Warn when near POI.

Are any of these what you are trying to do. If not, please post step by step what you are doing.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom