UK POI collection (Points of Interest) May 2011   

UK POI collection (Points of Interest) May 2011

Postby lemoni » Sun May 08, 2011 6:17 am

Here is a huge UK POI (points of interest) collection, updated: May 2011. There are 788 categories of POI:

[Please Register or Login to download file] (sendspace)
or
[Please Register or Login to download file] (FileFactory)

Cheers
TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 900.4602, Bootloader: 5.5250
TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 900.4602, Bootloader: 5.5244
lemoni offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Lowthian » Sun May 08, 2011 9:44 am

amazing collection lemoni, thanks :thumbup:
It's the journey that matters :)
Lowthian offline

Here is a huge UK POI (points of interest) collection, updat

Postby jeffatthe4jays » Thu May 19, 2011 11:26 am

lemoni wrote:Here is a huge UK POI (points of interest) collection, updated: May 2011. There are 788 categories of POI:

Any tips on installing the POI`s onto the SD Card I use in my Sat_Nav, being such a large download will it slow down the function of my Sat-Nav.

Where do we store the POI collection after we have downloaded it ?
Please give detailed instructions on placing this collection of POI`s onto an SD Card and detail instructions of how to activate it.

Many Many Thanks for these 788 categories of POI`s.
jeffatthe4jays offline

Postby lemoni » Thu May 19, 2011 1:58 pm

jeffatthe4jays wrote:Any tips on installing the POI`s onto the SD Card I use in my Sat_Nav, being such a large download will it slow down the function of my Sat-Nav.

Where do we store the POI collection after we have downloaded it ?
Please give detailed instructions on placing this collection of POI`s onto an SD Card and detail instructions of how to activate it.

Many Many Thanks for these 788 categories of POI`s.

You're welcome!

Simply unzip, then copy all the files into the map folder. No activation necessary! The POIs will show up on the map.

Only thing that needs to be done, which could take a bit of time, is to go into the menu of the device under "Show POI on map" and untick the POI you don't want to display on your map. Leaving them all ticked to show on the map can make it lag noticeably. Therefore it's best to leave only a few on, such as petrol stations, police stations, shopping centers or other places that may interest you. I would suggest displaying less than 10 at once, or even less if your device has only 32Mb of RAM.
TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 900.4602, Bootloader: 5.5244
lemoni offline

Postby jeffatthe4jays » Fri May 20, 2011 6:29 am

Many Many Thanks for the info lemoni.
I thought it might slow the navigation process down, or as you put it " make it lag noticeably ".
I had exactly that problem, some time ago, when I installed a POI download acquired form a different website.
Can you please tell us when your UK POI collection was updated. I believe the old POI collection I had was from around 2008.
Thanks again lemoni.:)
jeffatthe4jays offline

Postby lemoni » Fri May 20, 2011 8:13 am

jeffatthe4jays wrote:Many Many Thanks for the info lemoni.
I thought it might slow the navigation process down, or as you put it " make it lag noticeably ".
I had exactly that problem, some time ago, when I installed a POI download acquired form a different website.
Can you please tell us when your UK POI collection was updated. I believe the old POI collection I had was from around 2008.
Thanks again lemoni.:)

No problem ;)

As long as you select only a handful of POI to display on the map, then it won't lag while driving and viewing the map, even if you have thousands of POI stored in the device. The more POI you choose to display, the more the unit will struggle.

This collection was updated up to 6th May 2011. I say "up to" because some POI didn't have any updates as there were no changes. Therefore some categories could be several months or even a year old, but that should be fine if there haven't been any new locations regarding those categories.
lemoni offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom