Please Help with TomTom XL One and installing new Maps onto    

Please Help with TomTom XL One and installing new Maps onto

Postby ray-zin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:42 am

Hi. I'm hoping someone can help me.

I've got a tomtom one xl. - Loaded with GB and Europe maps. - A few years ago I bought what I thought was an original tomtom southern africa maps on an SD card.
Works great. When the SD card is inserted into the Tomtom it boots up to the Southern Africa Maps.

However these maps are around 5 or 6 years old now. So I'm trying to install new maps onto the SD card. - Ive backed the sd card up and the backup works fine whenever I revert back to it.

I've tried a number of different ways to change to the newer map but nothing seems to work. I always get the "no maps found" message.
I think it may be because the maps on the SD card are not original like I thought and all the files etc have already been patched.

I've tried various methods including the easyusetools etc to get this working but i just cant get it right.
I've now downloaded the fastactivate tool as described above but I need your help to do the right things in the right sequence please.

If I revert back to my SD card maps backup and start over.... what do I need to do to get the new maps (Southern Africa v850.2794) onto the SD card.
I'd prefer to leave the actual TomTom alone if possible and only do what needs doing on the SD card. (Scared I mess up the Tomtom ;-) )

Thanks in advance.
R.
ray-zin offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:31 am

I think it is not too bad ;)
If you get a message that no maps are found than they are not correctly installed.
As long as you have a working backup nothing is lost.
You can check the 880 map threads for the maps with installer and follow the instructions provided.
Other option is to download the map of your choice - check the map chart first!
And to use FastActivate Premium to activate the map and patch the Navcore - simply press the first three buttons starting from the left.
If your SD is big enough you can add the new maps, if not delete the old map folders first.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby ray-zin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:50 am

Hi. Thanks for the prompt response.

I've tried your second option (FastActivate Premium) without any errors. YET! ;-)
I'll try load the new data onto my SD card when I get home tonight and test it.

rgds,
R.
ray-zin offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:31 pm

ray-zin wrote:I'd prefer to leave the actual TomTom alone if possible and only do what needs doing on the SD card. (Scared I mess up the Tomtom ;-) )

Use a different card & include a copy of you navcore on it. Patch both the navcore & map. This way you leave the actual TomTom alone.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ray-zin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Downunder35m wrote:Other option is to download the map of your choice - check the map chart first!
And to use FastActivate Premium to activate the map and patch the Navcore - simply press the first three buttons starting from the left. If your SD is big enough you can add the new maps, if not delete the old map folders first.

Ok... I've tried this and still getting the same thing. The moment i remove my old map folder it gives me the "No maps found message" When I run FastActivate - The first 2 buttons worked fine. The 3rd says: "Navcore already patched".

I'm now trying again with only the new map that I want.
ray-zin offline

Postby ray-zin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:43 pm

tendriver wrote:include a copy of you navcore on it. Patch both the navcore & map.

Hi.
What is "my navcore"?
Thanks.
ray-zin offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:46 pm

ray-zin wrote:Hi.
What is "my navcore"?
Thanks.

Navcore = Operating System.

Every other ONE XL that we have dealt with would not allow the internal memory & external (card) memory to be use at the same time. You can't use the internal navcore with an external map or visa versa.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ray-zin » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:08 pm

WOOHOOO!!! Thanks peeps.
I got it working when I did the following:
I only copied the map that i wanted and removed all the others.
I then ran fastactivate and only chose the first 2 options. (as the navcore had already been patched).

and that worked ;-)
Thanks again for the help.
ray-zin offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:26 pm

The TT Team sez, "You are Welcome. Enjoy!!"

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom