PLEASE HELP my tomtom one 30 series is stuck on splash scree   

PLEASE HELP my tomtom one 30 series is stuck on splash scree

Postby shaz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:14 pm

dear forum i'm new here so please forgive my nubeness,
Please I need urgent help, my tomtom one 30 series is stuck on the “splash screen” (black background with white TomTom text and 2 red hands on the right hand side)
When I turn on my device I have to hold the on/off button for about 6-7 seconds then a “hard drive” icon appears on the bottom left with a yellow “loading bar” once the load bar completes I get this “splash screen”.To turn it off from this screen I have to hold the button for a good 10 -15 seconds otherwise it wont go off

Here are my system specs:
Tomtom one 30 series (v8) (2008 model)
Navcore (application): 8.017
Bootloader version: 5.5026
Maps version 830.2306

My pc is using windows xp and I have the latest version of tomtom home on it.

I’m new on the forum so please forgive me for my naivety (and the long winded post)

Basically my problems started when I downloaded a “darth vader” voice from tomtom home, after i installed it on my TOMTOM the device came up with a "select language" option, i switched the device off and ever since its been stuck on the "splash screen".

I’ve tried Tomtom customer support but they’ve been no help, they suggested the following which I tried:
-I tried removing the Current Application from the device and then re-installing via updating via tomtom home, the Application version it came up with was version 7.522, (I originally had version 8.017 on there), after installing this application (7.522) the tomtom was meant to re-boot, but it didnt. i still got the splash screen
-I tried a backup and restore via tomtom home—still splash screen
-I then tried checking the internal drive for errors using windows- no errors found
-I then tried formatting the internal drive on the device (fat32) and then updating the device via tomtom home, it loaded all of the files onto the tomtom, but after updating the Application (7.522) which tomtom home keeps suggesting, the device was meant to re-boot but it didnt- still stuck on splash screen (I’ve even tried this using a different computer)
-I’ve tried formatting the drive and then cutting and pasting my old back-up to the device- still no luck
-I’ve asked tomtom support for application 8.017 but they say they they don’t have access the files!
The internal drive on the tomtom is absolutely fine as i can read and write to it no problem,
I have noticed that Application that tomtom home keeps wanting to load onto my device is version 7.522 and its bootloader is 5.5011
I previously had Application version 8.017 and the bootloader version 5.5026

The only backup of my device I had was from tomtom home back up (I didn’t have a copy made using windows explorer)

I think there may be something wrong with the bootloader

Please can someone show me where i can get a newer official navcore for the device so i can automatically upgrade the bootloader, hopefully this will allow me to start afresh

Please can someone help me as I’m really desperate now, Don’t know what to do now, can someone please give me step by step instructions as I’m not very good with all the jargon.
I just need to get the tomtom going as maps/voices etc is not a problem I can download them via tomtom home.
shaz offline

Postby djc151084 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:30 pm

If you have tried a hard reset as described below then move to step 2 but otherwise try a hard reset first.

[color="Red"]Step 1[/color]
  • Hold the pinhole reset button for 30 seconds (Or the on of button if you do not have a pin-hole reset)
  • Hold the on/off button for 5 seconds untill it turns on (You should get the black config screen)
  • Press reset once
  • Turn on the unit.

[color="Red"]Step 2[/color]
  • Delite contents of drive, but backup first ,
  • Copy the contents of this to your device [Please Register or Login to download file]
  • Now copy your map folder to your device and delite any existing .dct file in the map folder,
  • Now download FastActivate Premium edition (Link in my sig) ,
  • Run Fast activate to patch map and then run FastActivate to patch ttsystem, Reeboot your device and see if it starts.

thanks
djc
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby shaz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:04 pm

hi thanks for the reply, is that an official navcore? for the tomtom one 30 series?
(my previous navcore version was 8.017
what is : •Run Fast activate to patch map and then run FastActivate to patch ttsystem, please can you explain,
really appreciate it
shaz offline

Postby djc151084 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:20 pm

shaz wrote:hi thanks for the reply, is that an official navcore? for the tomtom one 30 series?
(my previous navcore version was 8.017
what is : •Run Fast activate to patch map and then run FastActivate to patch ttsystem, please can you explain,
really appreciate it

djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby shaz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:33 pm

thanks i'll give it a try just dont want it to brick my device, really appreciate it
do i need to use fast activator to patch the map and ttsystem as i can download my maps from tomtom home ?
shaz offline

Postby djc151084 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:38 pm

shaz wrote:thanks i'll give it a try just dont want it to brick my device, really appreciate it
do i need to use fast activator to patch the map and ttsystem as i can download my maps from tomtom home ?

Ah ok, if you are using origional purchased maps then forget patching the map and the ttsystem there is no need to, just install the .cab above then install your map. Copy the map from a backup on your pc if you have one as opose to installing it through tthome, the map folder sits in your root directory

Did you try my step 1 from post #02 above ?
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby shaz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:44 pm

brilliant thank you, is the map folder in my tomtom's root directory called "uk and republic ireland" as theres another folder called "maps" too.
will i still be able to update things inclding maps via tomtom home afterwards?

ps the cab file i've just downloaded how do i extract this before copying and pasting to my tomtom?
sorry forgot to mention i've tried step 1 from above but no luck
shaz offline

Postby eskro » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:11 pm

shaz wrote:brilliant thank you, is the map folder in my tomtom's root directory called "uk and republic ireland" as theres another folder called "maps" too.
will i still be able to update things inclding maps via tomtom home afterwards?

hold on, your folder named --> MAP
is located on the root of your device or is located in your folder called --> uk and republic ireland ???

ps the cab file i've just downloaded how do i extract this before copying and pasting to my tomtom?
sorry forgot to mention i've tried step 1 from above but no luck

use a program called 7zip to extract .cab content to the root of your device,,,
its a free program --> [Please Register or Login to download file]
1.[color="red"] Engine[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] iGO 8.3.4.102680
2. [color="red"]Maps[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NavteQ 2010.Q4 North America
3. [color="red"]Pois[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Tele Atlas Premium 2010.06 North America
4. [color="red"]Skin[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Choup 6.9c EUR+
5. [color="red"]Voice[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] TTS Juliette 2.9 f1hmq-Mikado
6. [color="red"]3D Buildings[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2008.02 North America
7. [color="red"]3D Landmarks[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2009.09 North America
8. [color="red"]3D Terrain[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG North America
eskro offline

User avatar Premium Member

Postby shaz » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:21 pm

the 2 folders namely "map" and the other folder "uk and republic ireland" are separate folders in the root of the device, the maps folder isnt inside the uk and republic ireland folder
thank you for the above advice will give it a go,
will i still be able to load my latest maps and other things from tomtom home after i've loaded this onto my tomtom?
shaz offline

Postby shaz » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:19 am

i've extracted the above file and copied it onto my tomtom, added the maps from my backup but still nothing!
i think the device is meant to create a ttgo. file but it doesnt. it hasnt worked :(
shaz offline

Postby eskro » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:59 am

ttgo.bif file is created when you boot your device,,,

so lets say you completely format you device to fat32,

and then instead of copying stuff to your device,

you just go ahead and boot it while its empty,

it'll automatically create the ttgo.bif file,,,

so if you connect it to your PC, you should then see it on the root of your device!!

so are you saying that your device aint creating that ttgo.bif file????
2. [color="red"]Maps[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NavteQ 2010.Q4 North America
3. [color="red"]Pois[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Tele Atlas Premium 2010.06 North America
5. [color="red"]Voice[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] TTS Juliette 2.9 f1hmq-Mikado
6. [color="red"]3D Buildings[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2008.02 North America
7. [color="red"]3D Landmarks[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2009.09 North America
eskro offline

Postby djc151084 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:03 am

Ok start again, Below is the latest officiall navcore for your device

• Please delite all the contents of your drive
  • Now download this navcore [Please Register or Login to download file] , this is the latest officiall navcore for your device
  • Install the above navcore by copying all of the files inside the .cab to your root dir. (you can extract the .cab with [Please Register or Login to download file] or [Please Register or Login to download file] i reccomend winrar.)
  • Now copy your map folder from backup the folder named "Uk & ROI" (Inside this folder is there a load of files and folders, take a screenshot if possible?)
  • Now ree-boot and job done ;)
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby shaz » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:49 am

thats true it doesnt create that file, even when formatted or if its got stuff on
shaz offline

Postby eskro » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:55 am

well thats your problem then,,,

without a ttgo.bif file, tomtom = dead
eskro offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:23 pm

The ttgo.bif will be created when starting the Navcore but only when you shut sown the device it will be written to the device.
You can use a ttgo.bif from your backup as well.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom