TT One XL IQ Routes "browse map" shows very few place names   

TT One XL IQ Routes "browse map" shows very few place names

Postby niki265 » Tue May 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Not sure if this is correct forum etc, so apologies if not. Had a search around and so far drawing a blank so any suggestions appreciated, TIA!

Have successfully updated two different TomToms, a One v3 and a One XL IQ Routes with current v1005 maps. The older One v3 is fine on NC 7.903 (didn't get on with NC 9.510 on older TT) + Europe_Central 1005.8819 map...

The One XL IQ Routes is also fine in terms of functionality etc, with the exception that post update when browsing a map I now see very few place names at any zoom level (compared to how it was before update and compared with TT One v3 with same map....)?

I've been checking through all the options to see if something is turned off, but either I'm looking in wrong place or no such option exists...?

The details of the problematic TT One XL IQ Routes are:

NC 9.510
64MB with 19MB free when route loaded
Boot: 5.5277
Map: Europe_Central v1005.8819

What am I missing in order to show more place names when browsing the map?

Thanks for any suggestions.
niki265 offline

Re: TT One XL IQ Routes "browse map" shows very few place na

Postby Macca-009 » Tue May 29, 2018 5:54 pm

Hi - I am not aware of any 'switch' that selects the level of detail. Which map version were you using BEFORE the update to 1005.8819?
GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby niki265 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:01 pm

Thanks for reply, if I zoom in quite a lot, doesn't seem so bad. It's when I'm zoomed out browsing there are hardly any town names shown which makes life a bit more difficult trying to pinpoint where to zoom etc. If that's just the way it is, then that's just the way it is and I'll learn to live with it :)

Before upgrade, the TT One XL IQ Routes was on Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB v830.2305... I didn't completely replace the NC, just patched the existing 9.510 with latest (at the time FastActivate).

The TT One v3 (which is all ok) had a bootloader upgrade and new SD card if that makes any odds. I still restored the original 7.903 NC onto that new card though.

Perhaps the TT One XL IQ doesn't like the fact I'm using a non-IQ routes map in the v1005.8819 (don't need IQ routes for our use).

Cheers
niki265 offline

Postby Macca-009 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:30 pm

I think you might be right - I was surprised that you were using the basic map with fewest features on the XL IQ - but I was also slightly confused about which Navcore you were experiencing problems with! A 15sec reset to clear out the memory might be of help, but otherwise you will usually get the best performance by matching the appropriately featured map to the Navcore you're using.
GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby niki265 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:18 pm

Thanks for comments, much appreciated. Perhaps I'll try a more advanced map at some stage and see if it's any better. I went for the basic map as we don't need the extra features and I was hoping the more basic map would provide better performance for the One XL which has always been woefully slow (even compared to the older TT One v3).

PS sorry if it wasn't clear which NC was having an issue. It's the TT One XL IQ Routes on a patched NC 9.510.
niki265 offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom