One v3 RAW Disk Errors?   

One v3 RAW Disk Errors?

Postby roartiz » Wed May 04, 2011 9:22 pm

Hey guys,
Long story short, I started on another forum site and they were unable to give me the help I needed so I thought I'd try here. Anyways, basically my TomTom One v3 was working fine yesterday, then I connected to TTHome to get Mapshare updates and after they were installed, my TomTom just hung at the screen with the big red X. I tried TomTom Clear Flash three times to no avail, tried to format it and I got a "Windows was unable to complete the format" message. I tried formatting it with diskmgmt.msc and two other programs only to get the same result.

Now my TomTom's disk is unpartitioned and unallocated as a RAW file type. I have all the backups I could ever need of my TomTom and the maps, but I can't access the device to restore them. Whenever I click on the device in Windows Explorer, I just get a "there is no disk in drive D:\ would you like to format it."

So yeah, I'm really stuck here guys, and help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
roartiz offline

Postby tendriver » Wed May 04, 2011 9:27 pm

roartiz wrote:Hey guys,
Long story short, I started on another forum site and they were unable to give me the help I needed so I thought I'd try here. Anyways, basically my TomTom One v3 was working fine yesterday, then I connected to TTHome to get Mapshare updates and after they were installed, my TomTom just hung at the screen with the big red X. I tried TomTom Clear Flash three times to no avail, tried to format it and I got a "Windows was unable to complete the format" message. I tried formatting it with diskmgmt.msc and two other programs only to get the same result.

Now my TomTom's disk is unpartitioned and unallocated as a RAW file type. I have all the backups I could ever need of my TomTom and the maps, but I can't access the device to restore them. Whenever I click on the device in Windows Explorer, I just get a "there is no disk in drive D:\ would you like to format it."

So yeah, I'm really stuck here guys, and help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You failed to mention the most important tool: A HARD RESET.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby roartiz » Wed May 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Which is accomplished by holding the power button for fifteen seconds, until the bongos play over the spash screen right? I've done that at least four hundred times.
roartiz offline

Postby roartiz » Wed May 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Also, sometimes when I plug it in, TTHome says it needs to download new updates for the device. Once I click on the update button, it just gives me the info screen on how/why to connect the Tomtom.
roartiz offline

Postby tendriver » Wed May 04, 2011 9:33 pm

roartiz wrote:Which is accomplished by holding the power button for fifteen seconds, until the bongos play over the spash screen right? I've done that at least four hundred times.

If no reset button hole is on the bottom of the case, then yes, use the power button.
A soft reset = 15 Seconds.
A hard reset = 30+ seconds
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby roartiz » Thu May 05, 2011 12:39 am

Still didn't help... Finally got a program to format it successfully and now I am running Navcore 8.412.1236 and device is operating properly through "Operate My Device," however, when I start it up disconnected from the computer, it just hangs at the TomTom splash until I reset. Any more ideas?
roartiz offline

Postby tendriver » Thu May 05, 2011 1:35 am

roartiz wrote:Still didn't help... Finally got a program to format it successfully and now I am running Navcore 8.412.1236 and device is operating properly through "Operate My Device," however, when I start it up disconnected from the computer, it just hangs at the TomTom splash until I reset. Any more ideas?

"Operate My Device" is only a simulation/emulation & is of no value when troubleshooting a unit problem.

Where did you download 8.412 from?
Your map is ??
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Thu May 05, 2011 1:39 am

It sounds to me that you got acces problems during your first update, corrupting the memory.
What tool did you use to format and what is your current bootloader?
I recommend the Panasonic SD format or the HP USB format tool.
Windows itself can cause weird problems sometimes when used to format flash memory.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby roartiz » Thu May 05, 2011 2:02 am

Okay scratch all that, got my unit back to running 8.010.9369 and maps usa/canada 860.3127 and everything is running like brand new except for one thing. I have previously never had problems activating voices but now when I use Fastactivate to do it, it tells me that each voice has a valid .dct

But now when I turn on my unit, I get a "there are no voices available..." and some of these voices I was just using yesterday on my very same navcore 8.010.9369 and 860.3127 maps combo. God I just keep coming up with problems, don't I? Thanks a lot for the help thusfar, guys!

EDIT: Bootloader is 5.5011
roartiz offline

Postby tendriver » Thu May 05, 2011 3:46 am

roartiz wrote:Okay scratch all that, got my unit back to running 8.010.9369 and maps usa/canada 860.3127 and everything is running like brand new except for one thing. I have previously never had problems activating voices but now when I use Fastactivate to do it, it tells me that each voice has a valid .dct

But now when I turn on my unit, I get a "there are no voices available..." and some of these voices I was just using yesterday on my very same navcore 8.010.9369 and 860.3127 maps combo. God I just keep coming up with problems, don't I? Thanks a lot for the help thusfar, guys!

EDIT: Bootloader is 5.5011

Why are you trying to activate the voices again, if you just used them yesterday?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom