TT One V3 - "Problem with Map"   

TT One V3 - "Problem with Map"

Postby naviboy » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:25 pm

TT one V3

I have transferred all the data 'Map 850-2782, navcore 8410.1218, boot 5.5106 ' and data from previous version etc. to my SD card.

The TT starts through to the point of loading the map, then a screen message comes up

"Problem with map

You cannot use this map on this device:
Western_Europe-162

OK"

Yet the chart shows its ok for "One, Go, Rider" using my navcore.

Any clues

thanks
naviboy offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Either the navcore or the map are not patched. If you are using a different unit, did you repatch the map when you transferred it over?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby naviboy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:24 am

thanks,

Is this patching you refer to, the FastActivate. if so i did the maps but not the navcore when copied from the old SD card.

thanks again
naviboy offline

Postby djc151084 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:39 am

Ok to have a working unit you need a patchd map, and a patchd navcore, to patch the navcore, download FastActivate Premium edition copy it to your device root and click on the "Patch ttsystem/PNDnavigator" button ;)

naviboy wrote:thanks,

Is this patching you refer to, the FastActivate. if so i did the maps but not the navcore when copied from the old SD card.

thanks again
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby naviboy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:26 pm

Ok thanks

I have already have FastActivate installed, in the main directory and within the map directory which are in a folder ready to download to tomtom.

When running this I have to turn my AV/Fwall off otherwise as warned it finds a virus.

When I run the patcher, 1st patching the Navcore it says its already patched, 2nd used patcher to download the meta file. But when trying to patch the map and speed cams which are in one directory for the map.

The Map patcher says:
!! TTGO.BIF or TTNAVIGATOR.BIF Not Found!!
Copy FASTACTIVATE.EXE into your TomTom device

I have a ttgo.bif file in the main directory and pasted it into the map folder, but still not found.

I download the whole directory to the sd card inserted in the TomTom

thanks
naviboy offline

Postby eskro » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:33 pm

you only need to put FastActivate Premium edition on the root of your SD card,,,

then run it from there

press the button called [color="Blue"]Update Meta[/color]

and then press the button called [color="Blue"]Maps/Voices/SpeedCams[/color]
1.[color="red"] Engine[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] iGO 8.3.4.102680
2. [color="red"]Maps[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NavteQ 2010.Q4 North America
3. [color="red"]Pois[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Tele Atlas Premium 2010.06 North America
4. [color="red"]Skin[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Choup 6.9c EUR+
5. [color="red"]Voice[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] TTS Juliette 2.9 f1hmq-Mikado
6. [color="red"]3D Buildings[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2008.02 North America
7. [color="red"]3D Landmarks[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2009.09 North America
8. [color="red"]3D Terrain[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG North America
eskro offline

User avatar Premium Member

Postby naviboy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Thanks Guys,

All sorted, Its been awhile from doing this with my last update back in 2008 and just remembered as you say to run fastAct through the USB directly in the TomTom.

Just did a demo run to a known destination where speed cams are etc, and all is OK.

Thanks again
naviboy offline

Postby naviboy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Sorry Guys,

Although the tt and map works to a point.

First as a test I asked to plot to where I work, then asked it to find an alternative route and changing settings by selecting 100yds, 200yds or one mile etc. to avoid a road block. It would not find a route.

Secondly could not find my home address by street name then house number, it did not exist. Only by post code.

Thirdly the favourite addresses etc ie Rally stage locations, customers and others have gone. I downloaded all data from the sd card and replaced the map then reloaded the data back onto the sd card and patched etc.

Although a different system, my elder son using Garmin is afraid of doing a similar map update with his Nuvi 760 because of losing his favourites.

thanks
naviboy offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:38 pm

naviboy wrote:
Thirdly the favourite addresses etc ie Rally stage locations, customers and others have gone. I downloaded all data from the sd card and replaced the map then reloaded the data back onto the sd card and patched etc.

Although a different system, my elder son using Garmin is afraid of doing a similar map update with his Nuvi 760 because of losing his favourites.

thanks

For favorites, did you copy the mapsettings.cfg from the old map folder to the new?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby PiEtU » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:08 am

Garmin not losing favorites if you update only map...
Go Garmin section and ask more...
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby naviboy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:25 pm

Ok thanks,

I copied the .cfg file to the tt via usb, but then it would not boot.

So pasted to the folder on PC then recopied whole folder back to TT via usb to SD card, ran fastactivate.
Then updated with free files from TT via TT Home.

Now I have favourites back, but with issue of an alternative route not found. If plot a route to my place of work using the "fastest route", then ask to find an alternative route and select "road block" it searches through some 12000 routes etc then say cannot find. But if I do the same again and ask to use the "shortest route" it will search as before and find a route.

Why one way and not the other to aviod road block ????

As for the address issue, it seems since the update from TT its OK so far.

Thanks
naviboy offline

Postby djc151084 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi if you read the following link you will see how to copy your favorites without the constant rebooting loop problem ;)
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2156-How-To-Keep-your-Favorites-When-Upgrading-Map&p=8881#post8881

I think the "avoid roadblock" alternitave route is only available if you use Traffic either the Live service or the RDS-TMC Reciever Traffic , Otherwise how else will your device know if there is a Roadblock ;)

naviboy wrote:Ok thanks,

I copied the .cfg file to the tt via usb, but then it would not boot.

So pasted to the folder on PC then recopied whole folder back to TT via usb to SD card, ran fastactivate.
Then updated with free files from TT via TT Home.

Now I have favourites back, but with issue of an alternative route not found. If plot a route to my place of work using the "fastest route", then ask to find an alternative route and select "road block" it searches through some 12000 routes etc then say cannot find. But if I do the same again and ask to use the "shortest route" it will search as before and find a route.

Why one way and not the other to aviod road block ????

As for the address issue, it seems since the update from TT its OK so far.

Thanks
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby naviboy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:45 pm

thanks,

I have sorted the Favourites and Addresses as above.

i take the point with Road Block.

thanks
naviboy offline

Postby naviboy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:11 pm

OK another problem has arisen.

whether it is related to changing the map or not, but the bluetooth will not work.

It did connect to our phones as Shell sent txt updates to Mobile, which then bluetooth over to TT before the update.

I checked with TomTom support, but nothing listed.

Any clues

Thanks
naviboy offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:04 am

For manually "blocking" a road for a route you have use "avoid part of the route" and select the road or area that you don't want to use.
If you update to an unofficial Navcore it can happen that you loose the BT support for your phone model.
Check on the TT website if your phone is supported -you have to select the TT model for your Navcore and not your own model.
If you use a SE Navcore you can try to copy the files "blueserver" , "btserver" , "a2dpd" , "aascan" and "apnd" from an SE version of an older Navcore version.
The files are located in the folder "Outsourced.xxxx\bin" where xxxx is the version number of the Navcore.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom