Topic locked

TT One V4 - noob questions

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:08 am

Hello to everyone,
Firstly kudos to all the contributors for all the tools and maps etc

Im just starting out with the whole GPS stuff, I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to the TT and GPS... ive read allot of posts..... And there are a few things that id like to ask.

My current config after an update reading posts on this site :yahoo:

ndryTTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v4)
BootLoaderVersion=53029
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8412
ApplicationVersion=1236
CurrentMap=Western_Europe
CurrentMapVersion=660.1256
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
Not Found...

My First Q.
1. TTGO.BAK, TTGO.ORI & TTNAVIGATOR.BIF are not found..... can anyone explain what these are and do i need them?

2. I’m running Navcore 8.412.1236 ive looked at the charts, would this be the best for the TT One V4??

MAPS & SD card
I’d like to use "Western_and_Central_Europe_2_GB_880_3810" but its over 2GB, 2.4 actually.... the device only has 1GB installed and the 2GB SD card was too small. So i went off bought a 4GB SDHC card (but then the card didn’t work, and I’ve since read differing statements in the forum about SD HC cards working and not working, the size, types of SD card, the TT device and the bootloader, all playing there part/// some say it is possible while others say it is not... i need to know if i wasted my money on buying the card or if i can get it to work...... :think:

To my final question(s).

3. SD card
is it possible to use a specific booloader to read a 4 GB SDHC card on a TT One V4, if it is at all possible?

all advice welcome :scratch_one-s_head_

Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:10 pm

a011528 wrote:My First Q.
1. TTGO.BAK, TTGO.ORI & TTNAVIGATOR.BIF are not found..... can anyone explain what these are and do i need them?
2. I’m running Navcore 8.412.1236 ive looked at the charts, would this be the best for the TT One V4??
MAPS & SD card
I’d like to use "Western_and_Central_Europe_2_GB_880_3810" but its over 2GB, 2.4 actually.... the device only has 1GB installed and the 2GB SD card was too small. So i went off bought a 4GB SDHC card (but then the card didn’t work, and I’ve since read differing statements in the forum about SD HC cards working and not working, the size, types of SD card, the TT device and the bootloader, all playing there part/// some say it is possible while others say it is not... i need to know if i wasted my money on buying the card or if i can get it to work......
3. SD card
is it possible to use a specific booloader to read a 4 GB SDHC card on a TT One V4, if it is at all possible?

1. Creating a ttgo.bak file is not always necessary. If it is needed, after you create it, your device will auto-create a ttgo.ori file. Don't be concerned about them at the present time.
2. Yes.
3. Each navcore has it's own bootloader. A device needs b/l 5.5015 or higher to recognize a SDHC card. 8.412 has b/l 5.5128. The b/l is a file named "system". Some of the guys, that modify these navcores, will rename the b/l, (ex. system5.5128), so they aren't auto-installed, giving the user the option of upping the the b/l. 5.5128 is safe to use on your unit. Look in the root of your unit for file system5.5128. If there, rename to system by deleting the 5.5128 & reboot. If not there, download [Please Register or Login to download file] . Copy the system file from it into your unit & reboot.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:09 pm

@ tendriver, thank you for the advice.. worked perfectly :) :clap:

Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:28 pm

a011528 wrote:@ tendriver, thank you for the advice.. worked perfectly :) :clap:

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!!

THREAD_CLOSED
Topic locked