One XL new maps on SD card query   

One XL new maps on SD card query

Postby DanJayUK » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Hello,

Firstly this site is a fantastic resource and I am glad I found it.

I've hunted around for an answer to a query I have and whilst the information is probably staring me in the face I haven't been able to find a definitive answer. Not wanting to brick my TT I hope no one minds me asking.

I have a 512MB "local" (UK and Ireland) One XL which is running Navcore 8.010. I'm quite happy with the Navcore side of things but want to update my maps to Western Europe. Clearly this won't fit on the internal memory which is fine - I've got a 2GB SD card on its way to me - but I understand that these older TT's will only work either from internal memory or the SD card? In which case how do I get the Navcore onto the SD card so it all works? I'd have worked it out from the site myself if I'd had more internal RAM!

Thanks in advance...
Dan
DanJayUK offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:43 pm

DanJayUK wrote:Hello,
1. Firstly this site is a fantastic resource and I am glad I found it.

I've hunted around for an answer to a query I have and whilst the information is probably staring me in the face I haven't been able to find a definitive answer.
2. Not wanting to brick my TT I hope no one minds me asking.

3. I have a 512MB "local" (UK and Ireland) One XL which is running Navcore 8.010. I'm quite happy with the Navcore side of things but want to update my maps to Western Europe. Clearly this won't fit on the internal memory which is fine - I've got a 2GB SD card on its way to me -
4.but I understand that these older TT's will only work either from internal memory or the SD card? In which case how do I get the Navcore onto the SD card so it all works? I'd have worked it out from the site myself if I'd had more internal RAM!

Thanks in advance...
Dan

1. Welcome to the Navitotal TT Section. Thanx for the kind words!!
2. The TT Team has never "bricked" a member's TT, that we are aware of.
3. There are 6 Western Europe maps in the current 895 map Edition. Only 1 has a meta code & is usable, but it requires a 9.02X or higher navcore. There are 5 Europe West maps in this Edition. 2 have meta codes & are usable, but only the 1GB stripped down version is compatible with your unit.
4. Your understanding is correct. Copy everything, except the map folder, from the internal to the card.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby DanJayUK » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:59 pm

Many thanks for the response - I'll use your advice and have a crack at sorting this now.
DanJayUK offline

Postby DanJayUK » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:53 am

I needed to have Germany included and didn't look closely enough at Europe West before downloading and installing it (successfully I might add). So... I found the slightly older but still fully functional Western_Europe_1GB_890_4234 maps as these have a meta available.

As per the directions both here and elsewhere I backed up my 32MB RAM 512MB flash One XL using Explorer, copied everything except the maps back across to the new 2GB SD card, put my newly downloaded WE map on, patched both satnav and HOME using FastActivate and all's good with the world! It's very slow - particularly if I ask it to find a route across Europe that is non-motorway but then I think that is exactly how the original would've been had a bought a Western Europe One XL in the first place. Of course if anyone has any tips on how to speed it up these will be greatly appreciated! I'm running 8.010 Navcore which is standard and have about 3.5MB free.

Bottom line though this is a free resource with maps, tutorials and advice. Yeah, downloading from some of the file hosting sites might be a pain but surely it's better than giving TomTom even more money than you already have? Absolutely fantastic so keep up the good work guys.

Thanks again, Dan
DanJayUK offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:59 am

I give you a hint: 9.450 with memoryboost or 9.430 for XL ;)
You'll find them in my postings, through the search and by other means ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby DanJayUK » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks downunder. I had checked out this thread http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?2531-How-to-update-a-32mb-Widescreen-TomTom-Device but the files didn't seem to be available so I gave up. I've found your 9.430 for ONE XL version here http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?9484-Navcore-Version-9.430 so I will download and have a go with this. I am suspicious the slow speed is probably down to the SD card but anything that helps would be good.
DanJayUK offline

Postby DanJayUK » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:33 am

9.430 for the XL installed - I can't believe it runs faster! Thanks very much for your help tendriver and downunder35m - consider this thread closed and me a happy customer. I will send a donation asap.
DanJayUK offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:08 pm

The TT Team sez, "You are Welcome. Enjoy!!"

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom