TT One XL map patching issue   

TT One XL map patching issue

Postby net_prowler » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:17 am

Hi,

I have a TT One XL that has been updated to navcore version 9.205, and have installed USA_Canada map all on internal memory. Below I will try to explain as much as I can as to what is happening.....

First off I'd like to say no matter how many times I have tried to install map 865.3259 when it is about 99% complete the application crashes. I've even tested by trying to install the map as administrator or even on my hard drive to see if it was my computer, but it still crashed. Anywho, I checked the files and it seems it crashes when trying to install the help file (which i assume is the last one around 99%) and continued on......

my issue is: When I reboot the device, it asks for me to choose a map, but then I get a red box with error saying I 'cannot use this map with this device'.

I followed all instructions, I have tried patching using autoactivate and even fastactivate... it updated the meta file, then i get 'all activated from root directory' with device id and application version (through autoactivate bring used)... tried patching navcore, but it says navcore has already been patched (even when i did it the first time, fresh install, this step is through fastactivate).. After rebooting, I can't seem to get it to accept(able to select but get red box) the map when it asks me to choose?! "Problem with map - cannot use this map with this device USA_and_Canada 308"... I dont know why it says 308, I did install 865.3259

I think its still not patched, so I get the red box error? How do I fix this? :think:
net_prowler offline

Postby net_prowler » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:38 am

Okay, I did the same steps over and over... same conclusion multiple times. This time I tried TT Home application to update (just to check, as a last resort) but would say my device was in error.... re-did all steps for patching, disconnected and it seems to work...

Very odd.

I've noticed under device info: map is version 865.3261 ...... i downloaded and installed 3259... all i can say is.......

This site rules! *thumbs up*
net_prowler offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:41 am

1. Why don't you use a 865.3245 map with all features?
2. What do you mean by install? If you don't use maps with automatic installer you only copy the map files on your device in a corresponding folder.
If you use a map with installer than most likely your download is corrupted.

What Navcore did you use? Just the cab or the SE version?
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby net_prowler » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:54 am

Hey..

1. I think I will change it to 865.3245 from 3259... I chose 3259 cuz I had a previously installed Navcore 8.x long ago, but decided to update Navcore last minute and thought of compatibility, also the thread for the map only had one option for USA_and_Canada, didnt see any other choices to download... Where can I find 865.3245?

2. Install = I found the thread for '865 maps with installer and FastActivate'... when you unzip/unrar it does not come as stand alone map, but rather 3 files + install.exe ..... click and it installs the map. No problems when unzipping/unrar, redid and overwrote the files in case one was corrupt... BUT did not re-download all files(rar) again as it took me awhile to get

The Navcore used: SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices.rar (Widescreen ONLY) ... worked great

I still dont know how I got it work, I guess eventually the device caught on.... lol
net_prowler offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:17 am

net_prowler wrote:1. I think I will change it to 865.3245 from 3259... I chose 3259 cuz I had a previously installed Navcore 8.x long ago, but decided to update Navcore last minute and thought of compatibility, also the thread for the map only had one option for USA_and_Canada, didnt see any other choices to download... Where can I find 865.3245?
2. Install = I found the thread for '865 maps with installer and FastActivate'... when you unzip/unrar it does not come as stand alone map, but rather 3 files + install.exe ..... click and it installs the map. No problems when unzipping/unrar, redid and overwrote the files in case one was corrupt... BUT did not re-download all files(rar) again as it took me awhile to get.

1. There is not a 865.3245 version of USA & C. If you don't need Canada, there is United_States_2GB_865_3245. If you want both countries there is North_America_865_3245. For USA & Mexico there is USA_and_Mexico_865_3245.
2. You seem able to install a map without using the autoinstaller. Download your desired map here: All New Maps 865.XXXX Unzip it. Remove your old map folder. Copy in the new map folder. Patch the map with FastActivate. Done!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby net_prowler » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:29 am

Thanks. What is the difference between USA_and_Canada v.s. North_America maps? (Other than the file size)... my ONE XL only has 1GB internal memory (no SD card).
net_prowler offline

Postby net_prowler » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:31 am

Oh also, this might be a dumb question but I'd like some clarification.... what is CSpeech and IQ routing?
net_prowler offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:15 am

Please check here :link:
and here : :link:
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby net_prowler » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 am

Thanks! Since I only have 1gb, ill have to stick with usa and canada... and not north america ... for now
net_prowler offline

Postby net_prowler » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:37 am

When using TT home, I get an error upon updating.... "An error has occured - error when contacting server: you have an invalid version of....on device"

How do I fix this so I can update?
net_prowler offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:33 am

Have you checked the links I gave you before?
If you have activated the map you should have noticed a button that said something with "Home". ;)
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:37 pm

net_prowler wrote:When using TT home, I get an error upon updating.... "An error has occured - error when contacting server: you have an invalid version of....on device"

How do I fix this so I can update?

To fix version error.
Open the ttgo.bif file with Notepad.
Replace lines 9 & 10 with these:
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369
"Save as" ttgo.bak
Disconnect & reboot.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby net_prowler » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:17 am

Yes, I did check the links. Thanks.