TT One XL-S -- can't get TTS voices to work   

TT One XL-S -- can't get TTS voices to work

Postby keemosobby » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:17 am

the other day I added some maps and voices to my TT One XL-S (64 megs ram; 1 gb internal) from this site for my upcoming trip to england + france; did the fastactivate thingy, etc. Everything works fine except for the computer voices. When I select them they don't work. In fact they de-activate all the other non-tts voices after I do this. I can reactivate the non-tts voices by pushing the reset bottom on the bottom of the device. On TomTom Home I can get all the voices, including computer tts, to work. Not sure what's going on here, maybe I have the wrong navcore or something..

Any suggestions? TIA (this site rocks!)

-keemo
Consultation en ligne [Please Register or Login to download file] patients en France
keemosobby offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:10 am

keemosobby wrote:the other day I added some maps and voices to my TT One XL-S (64 megs ram; 1 gb internal) from this site for my upcoming trip to england + france; did the fastactivate thingy, etc. Everything works fine except for the computer voices. When I select them they don't work. In fact they de-activate all the other non-tts voices after I do this. I can reactivate the non-tts voices by pushing the reset bottom on the bottom of the device. On TomTom Home I can get all the voices, including computer tts, to work. Not sure what's going on here, maybe I have the wrong navcore or something..

Any suggestions? TIA (this site rocks!)

-keemo

What voices??

United Kingdom & Republic of Ireland
United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland 865.3245
[227 MB]
; United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_865_3245
EF 6A 29 93 DB 01 22 15 F2 EA 9F 92 D1 35 B2 D8 United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-297.meta

BTW, the mask doesn't disguise who you are!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby keemosobby » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Susan (English US) is the computer voice I used with the US-Canada map that came with the unit. Now she doesn't work anymore, along with computer Dave (English US), Kate and Simon (English, UK). Non-tts Bonnie (English US), however, is working fine, and so are the other non-computer voices, as long as I don't try to select a computer voice. I notice that I have some German and Spanish voices as well in the list.

thanks for any help/advice you can provide!

-keemo (yeah, mask is itchy too, so only wear for show now :)
Consultation en ligne [Please Register or Login to download file] patients en France
keemosobby offline

Postby keemosobby » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:28 pm

Update:
I notice that when i go to 'operate my navigation device' in TT Home, the computer voices are no longer on the selection list, yet they are on my One XL when I use it alone. Also, when I add the 90 yr old Hungarian grandmother voice in TT Home, it doesn't show up on the device later.

just gets curiouser and curiouser.. :think:
keemosobby offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:40 pm

keemosobby wrote:Susan (English US) is the computer voice I used with the US-Canada map that came with the unit. Now she doesn't work anymore, along with computer Dave (English US), Kate and Simon (English, UK). Non-tts Bonnie (English US), however, is working fine, and so are the other non-computer voices, as long as I don't try to select a computer voice. I notice that I have some German and Spanish voices as well in the list.

thanks for any help/advice you can provide!

Go back to a setup with functioning voices, then copy your update navcore back in on top of the old, overwriting any common files. Don't use the navcore autoinstall. For 9.205, use the .cab & only the ttsystem + PNDNavigator files from the x ttsystem download.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby keemosobby » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:37 pm

thanks tendriver!

I will do that, but before I do, if I put an SD card in this baby will TTHome restore my original config to the card or overwrite the internal memory? It occurred to me that I could have my original US/Canada config on the card and europe on internal memory (I would forgo TTS during my trip this time).

again, many thanks!
-keemo
keemosobby offline

Postby keemosobby » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:15 pm

oops, forgot to ask if this map of France I have is the right one to use for this unit? "France_860_3126"
keemosobby offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:24 pm

keemosobby wrote:thanks tendriver!

I will do that, but before I do, if I put an SD card in this baby will TTHome restore my original config to the card or overwrite the internal memory? It occurred to me that I could have my original US/Canada config on the card and europe on internal memory (I would forgo TTS during my trip this time).

again, many thanks!
-keemo

This unit is one that runs everything from the internal OR the card, but not both at the same time. So the internal must have a full setup to use it. Likewise the card must have a full setup to run it.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Spz0 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:37 pm

Install VocalizerTTS on your device. That works.
Spz0 offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom