TT ONE XL: Boots to freeze at splash screen.   

TT ONE XL: Boots to freeze at splash screen.

Postby roydrage » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:08 pm

Hello all,
TT belongs to a colleague. Says that it "just stopped working". Cannot trust him to tell me the truth and any vandalism imaginable may have been committed so pointless asking him.
It shows as a drive and I copied over all the files from the internal flash, just 15 files and surprise surprise, NO ttgo.bif.
I deleted the all files except map folder containing TT legit map and ran TT Home. "Application update required". TT home offered the oldest navcore as usual, 6.954.
After the download to the TT flash memory it prompted device ask to reboot.
TT did not reboot and hung. Ran clearflash, reboot, hung again.
No ttgo.bif in flash drive root, of course not. Was not one to start with and device not fully booting then no ttgo.bif created.
Cleared flash drive and copied in official 8.010.9369 navcore along with original map folder. Reboot, hung. Connected via TT home and browsed directory, as expected no ttgo.bif.
By arcane fire, trial and error including copying over random .bif from one of my TT`s I managed to get some sense from "operate my TT". The device ID changed from my own TT and came up with plausible new ID. Was able to change settings and see map version, browse, map colours, all usual. Copied correct 870 map over and was able to activate using alberts. Worked again on "operate my TT".
But it dont boot on its own! Please why?!
roydrage offline

Postby PiEtU » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:22 pm

roydrage wrote:Hello all,
TT belongs to a colleague. Says that it "just stopped working". Cannot trust him to tell me the truth and any vandalism imaginable may have been committed so pointless asking him.
It shows as a drive and I copied over all the files from the internal flash, just 15 files and surprise surprise, NO ttgo.bif.
I deleted the all files except map folder containing TT legit map and ran TT Home. "Application update required". TT home offered the oldest navcore as usual, 6.954.
After the download to the TT flash memory it prompted device ask to reboot.
TT did not reboot and hung. Ran clearflash, reboot, hung again.
No ttgo.bif in flash drive root, of course not. Was not one to start with and device not fully booting then no ttgo.bif created.
Cleared flash drive and copied in official 8.010.9369 navcore along with original map folder. Reboot, hung. Connected via TT home and browsed directory, as expected no ttgo.bif.
By arcane fire, trial and error including copying over random .bif from one of my TT`s I managed to get some sense from "operate my TT". The device ID changed from my own TT and came up with plausible new ID. Was able to change settings and see map version, browse, map colours, all usual. Copied correct 870 map over and was able to activate using alberts. Worked again on "operate my TT".
But it dont boot on its own! Please why?!

I think it is bootloader problem...check your bootloader version & others from ttgo.bif and but info follow this instruction:
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?889-What-s-your-Current-TomTom-GPS-Configuration
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:28 pm

roydrage wrote: Cleared flash drive and copied in official 8.010.9369 navcore along with original map folder. Reboot, hung. Connected via TT home and browsed directory, as expected no ttgo.bif.

PiEtU wrote:I think it is bootloader problem...check your bootloader version & others from ttgo.bif and but info follow this instruction:
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?889-What-s-your-Current-TomTom-GPS-Configuration

He doesn't have a ttgo.bif!!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby roydrage » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:49 pm

tendriver wrote:He doesn't have a ttgo.bif!!!

Absolutely tendriver. I wish I had kept notes on some of the procedures and whims I have tried with this beast. I wiped the internal memory and tried a reboot in the hope it would generate a ttgo.bif. Of course it did not, as it has not with all the other experiments tried. The owner (and I told him not to bull me) did copy all the files on the drive after his PNA failed, he put them on a pendrive for me and sure enough no ttgo.bif.
I see a BIOS screen, did I believe manage to gain the device ID from loading a ttgo.bif from one of my own TT`s, got the emulator to work on TT Home and activate the new maps.
I can only guess that some hardware within the device is not initialising and for ttgo,bif to write that hardware HAS to report as operative. The GPS module perhaps? I am like a dog with a bone when it comes to these things even though the owner has already written off his TT!
I will read further but it looks like I might be looking for a device with a broken screen if very cheap! Thanks for reading and advising, I feel nought but warmth for the good help you members provide here.
roydrage offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:59 pm

roydrage wrote:Absolutely tendriver. I wish I had kept notes on some of the procedures and whims I have tried with this beast. I wiped the internal memory and tried a reboot in the hope it would generate a ttgo.bif. Of course it did not, as it has not with all the other experiments tried. The owner (and I told him not to bull me) did copy all the files on the drive after his PNA failed, he put them on a pendrive for me and sure enough no ttgo.bif.

1. I see a BIOS screen, did I believe manage to gain the device ID from loading a ttgo.bif from one of my own TT`s, got the emulator to work on TT Home and activate the new maps.
I can only guess that some hardware within the device is not initialising and for ttgo,bif to write that hardware HAS to report as operative. The GPS module perhaps? I am like a dog with a bone when it comes to these things even though the owner has already written off his TT!
I will read further but it looks like I might be looking for a device with a broken screen if very cheap! Thanks for reading and advising, I feel nought but warmth for the good help you members provide here.

1. A unit creates a new ttgo.bif file everytime it boots. Copying a ttgo.bif from a different unit will not work at all. If the unit boots, it will overwrite the imported ttgo.bif file. If the unit does not boot, the ttgo.bif file will still be the imported one. If you patched the map, it is patched to your unit's ttgo.bif, not your friend's. Delete the .meta.dct file in the map folder. TT Home "Operate my device" is as you said a emulator & is of no use when troubleshooting a problem.

Start clean. Do not format. Download & install NAVCORE 8.412.1236 Courtesy of TTUser ALL In 1 Automatic Installer Add your unpatched map. Disconnect & reboot.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom