One v2: 8.560 or 9.051   

One v2: 8.560 or 9.051

Postby kavermeer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi,

I've recently installed navcore 8.560 on my TomTom One v2. Today, out of curiosity, I installed 9.051. I just unpacked the two rars and copied them to the SD card.

Now, 9.051 seems to start just fine, but I do not see the 'eco route' option. As far as I know, that is about the only advantage of the v9 navcore. So, I have two questions:

1. Why am I not seeing the eco mode? Do I have to change some setting for that?
2. Is 8.560 or 9.051 recommended? I cannot find too much information about what would be the advantage of one over the other, so I'm happy to hear your comments!

Thanks!
kavermeer offline

Postby djc151084 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:06 pm

No v9 navcore will function or look 100% Properly on a small screen (3.5") device my recomendation for your device is 8.412 Basikpack and matching SE ttsystem.

kavermeer wrote:Hi,

I've recently installed navcore 8.560 on my TomTom One v2. Today, out of curiosity, I installed 9.051. I just unpacked the two rars and copied them to the SD card.

Now, 9.051 seems to start just fine, but I do not see the 'eco route' option. As far as I know, that is about the only advantage of the v9 navcore. So, I have two questions:

1. Why am I not seeing the eco mode? Do I have to change some setting for that?
2. Is 8.560 or 9.051 recommended? I cannot find too much information about what would be the advantage of one over the other, so I'm happy to hear your comments!

Thanks!
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kavermeer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:12 pm

djc151084 wrote:No v9 navcore will function or look 100% Properly on a small screen (3.5") device my recomendation for your device is 8.412 Basikpack and matching SE ttsystem.

Thanks for your reply! If v9 is not for non-widescreen hardware, then I'll stick to v8.

But what's the reason for choosing 8.412 over 8.560 or any other version > 8.412?
kavermeer offline

Postby djc151084 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:17 pm

kavermeer wrote:Thanks for your reply! If v9 is not for non-widescreen hardware, then I'll stick to v8.

But what's the reason for choosing 8.412 over 8.560 or any other version > 8.412?

A V9 navcore will only function 100% perfect if it is the officiall navcore for your device on a small screen device, (Like the TomTom One IQ Routes)

The reason to why i choose 8.412 over 8.560 is because i can say this navcore 100% works for your device and i have helpd many people upgrade to this version, and because i help so many people upgrade i have to have my preferd versions for diffrent devices and these are what i reccomend to users ;) But if 8.560 works well for you then go for it, Learning about how to upgrade TomTom units is a big learning curve that never ends as there is so much software and so many devices, So you know my reccomendation but if you know another version that works and prefer to go with that go for it ;)

djc
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kavermeer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:31 pm

djc151084 wrote:A V9 navcore will only function 100% perfect if it is the officiall navcore for your device on a small screen device, (Like the TomTom One IQ Routes)

Not sure if I really understand you here. So there are small screen v9 navcores, but they won't work on other small-screen devices than the one they are actually meant for?

The reason to why i choose 8.412 over 8.560 is because i can say this navcore 100% works for your device and i have helpd many people upgrade to this version, and because i help so many people upgrade i have to have my preferd versions for diffrent devices and these are what i reccomend to users ;) But if 8.560 works well for you then go for it, Learning about how to upgrade TomTom units is a big learning curve that never ends as there is so much software and so many devices, So you know my reccomendation but if you know another version that works and prefer to go with that go for it ;)

OK, I was just wondering if there were any known bugs or incompatibilities that I should worry about. I'll just keep the 8.560 on my v2 for now, and if I experience any problems, move back to 8.412.

I have to say that upgrading went rather smoothly, thanks to the fastactivate util! The only thing that worried me was that it said that ttsystem was already patched, but apparently the SE_ttsystems provided here are already pre-patched.

Anyway, I'm very happy with the easy upgrading so far!
kavermeer offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:58 am

As long as all works fine you can leave it as it is.
But for future reference keep in mind that the newest Navcore may not be the best solution for a device.
Only what Home offers you as an update will work really good - all other Navcores can work fine too, but there is no guarantee.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby kavermeer » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:29 am

Downunder35m wrote:As long as all works fine you can leave it as it is.
But for future reference keep in mind that the newest Navcore may not be the best solution for a device.
Only what Home offers you as an update will work really good - all other Navcores can work fine too, but there is no guarantee.

Sure, but that means I'd be stuck with v7 (according to the list of official navcores, v7.903 is the current one for the One v2). Obviously, there's no guarantee that anything I find here won't blow up my TomTom.
kavermeer offline

Postby djc151084 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:26 am

kavermeer wrote:Sure, but that means I'd be stuck with v7 (according to the list of official navcores, v7.903 is the current one for the One v2). Obviously, there's no guarantee that anything I find here won't blow up my TomTom.

If 8.560 is working fine for you then stick with it as testing new navcores your self is a good way to learn about upgrading tomtom's, but my reccomendation for your device is 8.412 basikpack, only because i have helpd a lot of users update to this and know it works fine, as long as you listen to the mods of this forum you will not encounter any problems that will as you say "Blow up your TomTom" , We are experts and do this day in day out ;)

kavermeer wrote:Not sure if I really understand you here. So there are small screen v9 navcores, but they won't work on other small-screen devices than the one they are actually meant for?

Yes for a v9 navcore to work well on a small screen device you must use the origional ttsystem patchd and not a SE version this is the reason it will not work on other small screen devices only the one it was made for ;)
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about TomTom