TT one 3rd edition   

TT one 3rd edition

Postby C141B » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Ok, I have this dinosaur that I’m trying to update. It does everything I need it to do so I really don’t want to replace it (I’m cheap). Here’s the problem. It has the latest “official” navcore 8.016. The current map the is installed is USA_CANADA 885.4094. When I use the TT Home software is says that 900.4608 is available for my unit. When I DL install and activate it I get the red screen telling me that the map cannot be used on this device. I assume I need to update the navcore, but which navcore will work on such an old device. Am I just out of luck? Thanks for any help.
C141B offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:19 am

Check the map chart before downloading a map to confir it is compatible with your Navcore.
Since you did not mention any of the vital steps to get it working I suggest to read our tutorials and the instructions provided in the map thread.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby C141B » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:48 am

Thanks for you help.
I have checked the map chart, however it doesn’t have a column for Navcore 8.016. When I check for the latest “official” Navcore as stated it is 8.0146, thus leading me to the thought that I need to upgrade to a modified Navcore. It could take a month of Sundays to try them all that’s why I was hopeing to get some more information. I have also gone through all the tutorials that apply and don’t understand what vital information I missed other than maybe the bootloader which is S5.5022. I have had no problems with previous maps or updates.
C141B offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:05 am

C141B wrote:Ok, I have this dinosaur that I’m trying to update. It does everything I need it to do so I really don’t want to replace it (I’m cheap). Here’s the problem. It has the latest “official” navcore 8.016. The current map the is installed is USA_CANADA 885.4094. When I use the TT Home software is says that 900.4608 is available for my unit. When I DL install and activate it I get the red screen telling me that the map cannot be used on this device. I assume I need to update the navcore, but which navcore will work on such an old device. Am I just out of luck? Thanks for any help.

C141B wrote:Thanks for you help.
I have checked the map chart, however it doesn’t have a column for Navcore 8.016. When I check for the latest “official” Navcore as stated it is 8.0146, thus leading me to the thought that I need to upgrade to a modified Navcore. It could take a month of Sundays to try them all that’s why I was hopeing to get some more information. I have also gone through all the tutorials that apply and don’t understand what vital information I missed other than maybe the bootloader which is S5.5022. I have had no problems with previous maps or updates.

900.4608 is compatible with your navcore. That is not the issue. You missed the most vital piece of information there is!! NONE of the USA & C 900 maps have a meta code & are not usable. Because of where you are currently located, you may not have any need for Canada. If not, download the United States 900.4608 map, which is usable.

A 1 word map chart hint for your 8.016 navcore. Interpolate!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom