Not 'Who', but WHERE is Sylvia ???   

Not 'Who', but WHERE is Sylvia ???

Postby Macca-009 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:33 pm

:rulz: This should probably have been posted under 'voices', but I note that there's only Stickies in there, so it's here instead ...

About 5 years ago, one of the 'premium' voices that TT sold, was a very sultry sounding lady known as 'Sylvia', who had a particular liking for the 6th exit as I recall.
:diablo: :diablo: :diablo:
Like a lot of other ageing-but-red-blooded males, I paid my £4.95 (or whatever it was) and had to live with the earbashing I received each time I fogot to switch Sylvia off before the wife got in the car!
:girl_cray:
The files were assigned the '079' identifier code, which these days seems to be in use for Patrick Stewart. Having found my original 'paid-for-and-activated-by-Home' files for this voice, I am keen to use it on my current device. I've tried using Autoactivate but without success. Is it even possible to transfer an already activated voice from one device to another? If so, can someone put me on the right path, or alternately, does anyone have an 'open' version of Sylvia ? From what I have managed to find out so far, this voice was discontinued by TomTom not long after I bought it - perhaps in response to some feminist pressure!

Macca
GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby david7307 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 pm

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?927-140-standard-voices-for-Tomtom-in-all-languages
try 130 i have her on tt but it does not work for me ,there may be a work around ,have read you have to delete your other voices on tt ,
david7307 offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:33 pm

david7307 wrote:http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?927-140-standard-voices-for-Tomtom-in-all-languages
try 130 i have her on tt but it does not work for me ,there may be a work around ,have read you have to delete your other voices on tt ,

130 is Selina, not Sylvia.
No deleting necessary.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby djc151084 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:50 am

Macca-009 wrote:Having found my original 'paid-for-and-activated-by-Home' files for this voice, I am keen to use it on my current device.

Ok please send me the files you have for Sylvia and i will see if i can generate a meta for you and then you can use it on your current device ;)
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Macca-009 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:08 pm

djc151084 wrote:Ok please send me the files you have for Sylvia and i will see if i can generate a meta for you and then you can use it on your current device ;)

Cheers djc - thanks for kind offer but I didn't want to 'tred on any toes' - Tendriver was already on Sylvia's case! This thread can now be closed "Solved" - Sylvia has just been added to the Navitotal voices library!

Thanks once again guys.
GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Macca-009 wrote:Cheers djc - thanks for kind offer but I didn't want to 'tred on any toes' - Tendriver was already on Sylvia's case! This thread can now be closed "Solved" - Sylvia has just been added to the Navitotal voices library!

Thanks once again guys.

You are Welcome!! Enjoy!!

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom