Noob needs help!! TomTom One XL setup from blank SD Card....   

Noob needs help!! TomTom One XL setup from blank SD Card....

Postby funfuny » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi to all Navitotal users, this looks like a quality site, with loads of info and experts, but I just someone to point me in the right direction please.....

I have a TomTom One XL, roughly 3 years old which I use for work everyday. Last week, it was giving me a red cross on the SD card on start up. On taking the SD card out and checking it on my PC it looks as though loads of the Data was corrupted and then it died totally, making it unreadable on any PC.

I have never plugged my TomTom into my PC before, so I had no backups or anything!!!

I spoke to TomTom, who basically told me that I had to pay £49.95 for a new map and werent very helpfull.....

I now have an New 2GB SD card and I have managed to download a map for UK & Ireland (V.8.60.3101) from a torrent site. I have copied the map data onto the TomTom SD card and then run a program called Fastactivate, that I found on the same torrent site. But I just get 'Map Not Found' on startup....

I don't really know where to start, I think that my device is to old for the new map that I have, but that was the only version I could find to download....

I am actually a Wintel Server Engineer, so I can handle most Windows stuff, but this has got me pulling out what little hair I have, LOL!!!!!

I followed instructions to find out a bit more about my device and have posted it below...

[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL
BootLoaderVersion=53026
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369
CurrentMap=
CurrentMapVersion=0.0

I hope someone can help me :D
funfuny offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:22 pm

We don't offer support for files from other websites but I think you just need to run the Fast Activate again, klick update meta.txt, and activate the map again, after that patch the Navcore too and all should work fine.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby funfuny » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:06 am

Ok, I have tried that and I am now getting a different result!!!

I have patched with Navcore 8.412.xl2009_live_2048_tts.CAB-navcore-XL_LIVE from this site and ran fastactivate again. Now I am getting past the select voice page, it just has the bottom signal bar and says 'no route planned' after approx 1 minute it restarts back to the legal notice screen....

Any advice....

Thanks
funfuny offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:32 am

Try a hard reset (hold reset for 30+sec.) and after that 3 times the TT clear flash tool.
If still no luck download the SE ttsystem and replace the files on your device with the ones from the archive.
Or use the Basicpack.

SE_Navcore.8.412.1236.Basicpack.rar
SE_ttsystem.8.412.1236.rev1.1.rar
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby funfuny » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Thankyou everyone who posted or sent me a PM, I have finally got it sorted. I just needed to start again but put the latest Navcore on for my model and then run fastactivate again.

I used SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices, which I downloaded with links from this site and it is now running fine with UK & Ireland 8.60.3101 maps, so I am nice and up to date.

I have made a full backup of the SD card onto my hardrive, so hopefully if I have this problem in the future, I can rectify it easily...

Thanks again Guys, you are lifesavers
funfuny offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:23 pm

funfuny wrote:Thanks again Guys, you are lifesavers

The TT Team sez, "You are Welcome. Enjoy!!"

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom