Newbie - Tomtom one with SD Slot - App 7.162 Map Versions 67   

Newbie - Tomtom one with SD Slot - App 7.162 Map Versions 67

Postby Abbie8 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:54 am

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum - so apologies if you have answered these questions a 100 times before. I have searched the forums, but can@t find specific answers to my query.

I have a TomTom one with an SD Slot. I have UK & USA maps - both Versions 675.1409 which I know will be old - but work fine with the places I seem to go :)

I am trying to find a Western Europe Map. I have downloaded a version numbered 885_4010 - and I can't get it to work on a new SD card - I'm assuming this is because I need to update some software. A post I read mentioned Navcore???? I am worried if I upgrade my existign maps will no longer work. I am stuck - please help!

Abbie
Abbie8 offline

Postby tendriver » Wed May 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Abbie8 wrote:Hi everyone

1. I am new to this forum - so apologies if you have answered these questions a 100 times before. I have searched the forums, but can@t find specific answers to my query.

2. I have a TomTom one with an SD Slot. I have UK & USA maps - both Versions 675.1409 which I know will be old - but work fine with the places I seem to go :)

3. I am trying to find a Western Europe Map. I have downloaded a version numbered 885_4010 - and I can't get it to work on a new SD card - I'm assuming this is because I need to update some software. A post I read mentioned Navcore????
4. I am worried if I upgrade my existign maps will no longer work. I am stuck - please help!

Abbie

1. Welcome to Navitotal.
2. "old" is an understatement.
3. Navcore = App = Operating System. All current maps need Navcore 7.9XX or higher.
4. Simple solution. Use Windows Explorer to make a backup of your entire current setup.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Thanks for response - more q's

Postby Abbie8 » Wed May 16, 2012 7:00 pm

Thankyou for the response :)

Another dumb question -

"use window explorer to make a backup of your entire current set up" - When I connect my tom-tom to the computer via the usb cable - I have copied the entire contents of the drive that appears onto my hard drive.

Is that enough?

I just don't want to lose access to the maps that work perfectly fine (for me anyway ;) ) If I upgrade to a different navcore, will it stop my SD cards working? Or is Navcore backwards compatible?

All my maps are SD cards. I have the original card with UK on - and a separate SD card that someone gave me for the USA maps - I did not purchase the USA maps - it is not on an official Tom Tom card.

What a newb!

Abbie
Abbie8 offline

Postby tendriver » Wed May 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Abbie8 wrote:Thankyou for the response :)

Another dumb question -

1. "use window explorer to make a backup of your entire current set up" - When I connect my tom-tom to the computer via the usb cable - I have copied the entire contents of the drive that appears onto my hard drive.

Is that enough?

2. I just don't want to lose access to the maps that work perfectly fine (for me anyway ;) )
3. If I upgrade to a different navcore, will it stop my SD cards working? Or is Navcore backwards compatible?

4. All my maps are SD cards. I have the original card with UK on - and a separate SD card that someone gave me for the USA maps - I did not purchase the USA maps - it is not on an official Tom Tom card.

What a newb!

Abbie

1. you copied the entire contents, so I would say that is enuf.
2. If there is a remote chance of that happening, I would have told you. That is the purpose of the backup
3. Same answer as point 2.
4. OK. We don't use official TomTom cards, so no problem.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Abbie8 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:38 pm

I read more threads and:
  • Had a blank SD card
  • Added my TTgo.Bif file
  • Found a thread on here that had Nav Core links and managed to download a rar file that I opened directly onto the SD card. The NavCore number was 8410.1218 for 32mb
  • I couldn't get any of the Maps from here to download, so used another source to download map - 885.4010 - this included fastactivate and autoactivate.
  • I added these to the SD card and ran autoactivate - a screen appeared and disappeared very quickly - I'm sure it says Error in there.
  • I then ran fast activate - through each option, meta file, speed, voice, TT HOme etc - all ok and it also said it had patched everything
  • Now when card entered into SD slot on PC - TomTom home recognises it and recognises the map etc - will let me update content etc
  • HOWEVER - if I put the SD Card in my Tom Tom it just gets a big red cross - and TOMTOM Home says no device connected???
What am I doing wrong - how does my PC recognise the SD card (and thinks it's a TT) - but my actual TT does not accept the SD Card??????

??????????? Help!
Abbie8 offline

Postby Abbie8 » Wed May 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Think I may have worked it out - i was using a SDHC card - changed to a SD card and *seems* to load ok..... Lets see - off to Europe tomorrow! Thanks for help!
Abbie8 offline

Postby tendriver » Thu May 17, 2012 1:29 am

Abbie8 wrote:Think I may have worked it out - i was using a SDHC card - changed to a SD card and *seems* to load ok..... Lets see - off to Europe tomorrow! Thanks for help!

FFR, a SDHC card requires navcore 8.300 with bootloader 5.5015 or higher.
You are Welcome.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom