Newbie seeks help to activate Maps   

Newbie seeks help to activate Maps

Postby ize65 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Hallo community,

i'm new here in the forum and aswell to the entire topic of patching tomtom devices etc.
i bought a TOMTOM ONE IQ ROUTES EDITION a couple days ago and updated the device (navcore 9.4) and the installed map that came with it via tomtom home.
now i'm trying to use the 885.xxx morocco map that is provided here but i just cant get it to run. i've looked into the tutorials but i still couldn't manage it.

i got the map for morocco and downloaded fast/auto-activate. i performed all actions that can be done with these tools but it still didnt work. the only difference i achieved was that my tomtom recognized the first time that i got a map for morocco. when i try to use it there appears a message saying: "problem with map. you cant use this map on this device: Morocco-513

what do i have to do to get it working???

at this point i want to thank you guys very much in advance helping out a noob
ize65 offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:38 pm

ize65 wrote:Hallo community,

i'm new here in the forum and as well to the entire topic of patching tomtom devices etc.
i bought a TOMTOM ONE IQ ROUTES EDITION a couple days ago and updated the device (navcore 9.4) and the installed map that came with it via tomtom home.
now i'm trying to use the 885.xxx morocco map that is provided here but i just cant get it to run. i've looked into the tutorials but i still couldn't manage it.

i got the map for morocco and downloaded fast/auto-activate. i performed all actions that can be done with these tools but it still didnt work. the only difference i achieved was that my tomtom recognized the first time that i got a map for morocco. when i try to use it there appears a message saying: "problem with map. you cant use this map on this device: Morocco-513

what do i have to do to get it working???

at this point i want to thank you guys very much in advance helping out a noob

Welcome to Navitotal TomTom.

You must patch both the navcore and the map. Only FastActivate Premium 1.8.8.5 will patch the navcore. Put FA/P in the root of your unit & click the first 3 buttons 1 at a time left to right. Disconnect & reboot.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom