I have an XL340 with the following original configuration:

App 9.061.5763030.2
OS 567329
(1039 15/9/2010)
64mb Ram (Free 32.7MB)
GPS V1.20
Boot V. 5.5277
Map: New_Zealand V 850.2781

I tried to install the newest 875 map to the New Zealand folder on the GPS. I used both Navitotal methods - the "Automatic installer and patcher", and when that did not work I restored the GPS and tried the AutoActivate 1.8.7.2 method.

On each occasion when I turned on the GPS it would only boot to the TomTom logo. After waiting several minutes I could only switched off the GPS by holding the power power button down for 20 seconds. So I have had to to restore back to my original 850 map for the GPS to work.

As a complete novice, I would value any advice wiser members can offer and how to overcome this boot up problem with the new 875 map. Thank you.
cpg offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:34 am

At the moment I assume the Navcore is installed correctly and was working fine before the new map....
If all was installed correctly, please check if the map files are locate in a folder "New_Zealnd..." and if a .mety.dct is present in the map folder - this indcates the map is activated.
Do a hard reset (hold reset for 30+sec) and after that the TT Clear Flash tool. If you don't have a reset button hold the power button for 15+ sec.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby cpg » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:27 am

Hi Downunder35m

Thanks for your reply. When the two update attempts failed and I restored my original 850 maps everything returned to normal, so I imagine the factory installed navcore is OK because the GPS is still working with the original 850 map.

In the New Zealand map folder I currently have (with the restored backup) these two dct files:

- New_Zealand-161.meta.dct (16.6.2010)
- Safety_Cam_NZ_TomTom.ov2.dct (01.01.2000)

The downloaded Navitotal 875 map does not include any dct files.

Following your advice above, I copied the content of the 875 download into the New Zealand folder and the same boot problem occurred but this time I received the following message on boot up:

"Problem with map. You can not use this map on this device: "New_Zealand - 161".

I then ran the TT Clear Flash Tool and the same message reappeared. I have again done a restore to my original 850 map that came with the GPS, and everything is working fine with the old map.

What do you think?
cpg offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:28 am

cpg wrote:I tried to install the newest 875 map to the New Zealand folder on the GPS. I used both Navitotal methods - the "Automatic installer and patcher", and when that did not work I restored the GPS and tried the AutoActivate 1.8.7.2 method.

cpg wrote:What do you think?

I think it is quite simple. Your navcore is not patched!!
Remove your New_Zealand V 850.2781 map folder from your 340. Copy into the 340 your New_Zealand_875.3625 folder. Go here: FastActivate ENG 28.08.2011 {1.8.7.2} Read the instructions carefully. Download the Premium version & patch both your navcore & map.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cpg » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:55 am

Thanks Downunder35m

Your advice worked and I now have NZ map 875. I do appreciate your time and patience.

Can I ask another two questions?

1) Can I retrieve my saved favourites from my old 850 maps folder? (I've kept it on my desktop).

2) TomTom Home says you can only save one backup at a time. I'd like to always keep my original factory configuration ("just in case"), but can I keep subsequent backups, such as my now newly patched wotking 875 map?

Thanks again for your advice.
cpg offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:11 am

cpg wrote:1.Thanks Downunder35m

Your advice worked and I now have NZ map 875. I do appreciate your time and patience.

Can I ask another two questions?

2. Can I retrieve my saved favourites from my old 850 maps folder? (I've kept it on my desktop).

3. TomTom Home says you can only save one backup at a time. I'd like to always keep my original factory configuration ("just in case"), but can I keep subsequent backups, such as my now newly patched working 875 map?

Thanks again for your advice.

1. Thanks Downunder ONLY? Look at post 4 again.
2. Yes. Copy the MapSettings.cfg file from the 850 map folder to the 875 map folder.
3. We NEVER use TT Home for backups. We use Windows Explorer copy & paste.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cpg » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:28 am

OK thanks again tendriver & Downunder35m you solved all my problems and I'll be printing this page out and keeping it safe.

Yes, a bit thick of me not thinking to simply copy the content of the TomTom to my PC with Explorer. I'll be doing that in future!

Regards to you both. I'm going to enjoy this forum now that you have enlightened me.

Finally, I have just made a donation to NaviTotal via credit card. Just my way of saying thanks to you both for your time. Regards, cpg.
cpg offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:41 pm

cpg wrote:OK thanks again tendriver & Downunder35m you solved all my problems and I'll be printing this page out and keeping it safe.

Yes, a bit thick of me not thinking to simply copy the content of the TomTom to my PC with Explorer. I'll be doing that in future!

Regards to you both. I'm going to enjoy this forum now that you have enlightened me.

Finally, I have just made a donation to NaviTotal via credit card. Just my way of saying thanks to you both for your time. Regards, cpg.

The TT Team sez, "You are Welcome".

THANX for the donation.

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom