Need Noob help (Probably)   

Need Noob help (Probably)

Postby sylvafeyth » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:10 am

I installed the United States 880 3866 map on my TomTom XXL. Ran the most recent fastactivate.exe. I got an error saying it couldn't connect to the meta.txt fileserver but the other three buttons worked fine (so far as I could tell). Ran from map directory. Now when it starts up it says "Cannot use this map on this device." Was this an installation error or did I just download the wrong map? How do I know what is the correct map to use? Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for the nub questions... I'm new to this whole thing :-\
sylvafeyth offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:57 am

sylvafeyth wrote:1. I installed the United States 880 3866 map on my TomTom XXL. Ran the most recent fastactivate.exe. I got an error saying it couldn't connect to the meta.txt fileserver but the other three buttons worked fine (so far as I could tell).
2. Ran from map directory. Now when it starts up it says "Cannot use this map on this device."
Was this an installation error or did I just download the wrong map?
3. How do I know what is the correct map to use? Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for the nub questions... I'm new to this whole thing :-\

1. US 3866 is a 0 feature map. I would have selected NA 2GB 880.3810.
2. This message is telling you that the map is not patched. If you run FastActivate from the map folder, you must put a copy of the device's ttgo.bif file in the map folder. You can confirm that the map has been patched by seeing a .meta.dct file in the map folder.
3. Check the Compat chart in post 1 of the "All New Maps 880" thread.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom