Need help with installing maps , please help   

Need help with installing maps , please help

Postby palisharpeyes » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:52 pm

I am hoping someome can help me here,
I have Tomtom One less 1GB internal GPS . I believe it might be first Gen or second Gen , most likely first Gen. Don't think this is really matter . anyways

I went to this link
http://www.navitotal.com/maps-v9xx-f179/950-951-map-collections-only-t17205.html
and download USA Canada 1GB 950 6546 with Automatic Installer & Patcher

Questions I have after I uploaded the maps in the US_Canada Folder

1 - What is the difference between
USA Canada 1GB 950 6546 [947MB] and USA Canada 1GB 950 6546 with Automatic Installer & Patcher

2- I am not sure what to run first and how to run them, I read the instructions included in the above link but some didn't make sense to me . The way I understood this is
- Upload the map to the maps folder in my Garmin
- Run Fastactive , but it doesn't say what options I need to run using fastactivate and what order
3- The instructions for the instrall and patcher is is very confusing , What do you I need to do ? also , will I need to do anything with meta codes ? what are they .

I would greatly appreciate if someone list out in very simple basic steps what do I need to do after uploading the map to my tomtom one device , what order and what needs to be executed
palisharpeyes offline

Re: Need help with installing maps , please help

Postby tendriver » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:47 am

palisharpeyes wrote:Questions I have after I uploaded the maps in the US_Canada Folder
1 - What is the difference between USA Canada 1GB 950 6546 [947MB] and USA Canada 1GB 950 6546 with Automatic Installer & Patcher 2- The way I understood this is - Upload the map to the maps folder in my Garmin- Run Fastactive , but it doesn't say what options I need to run using fastactivate and what order
3- The instructions for the instrall and patcher is is very confusing , What do you I need to do ? also , will I need to do anything with meta codes ? what are they .

Welcome to Navitotal!!
1. USA Canada 1GB 950 6546 with Automatic Installer & Patcher automatically installs & patches the map. USA Canada 1GB 950 6546 is installed & patched manually. BTW, USA Canada 1GB 955 6805 has replaced 950.6546
2. No, the installer installs the map for you. No, FastActivate autoruns & patches the map for you.
3. Point 2 should have answered some of your point 3 questions. The meta code is required to patch the map. You don't do anything with it. It is always done for you.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Re: Need help with installing maps , please help

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:46 am

I might have missed something but but weird gut feeling tells me TT PNA maps won't work on a Garmin device anyway - that is why we have a dedicated Garmin section ;)
So are you using a TT ONE or a Garmin?
For a TT Tendriver stated the obvious.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom