Post a reply

Need advice - TT GO 300 (2005)

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:31 pm

Hi all,

Right, been looking over this site last couple of days, tried to do some research and today I tried installing everything.

Basically I was given an old TT GO 300 (2005) and just thought why not update it a bit. Cool community you have here.

Anyway, firstly I copied ttgg.bif to a new SD Card,

I installed the navcore, thanks downunder for reuploadingt that today to host as some one reported it. Installed 915 32mb ram

I then installed United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_915_5110 map with meta and installer etc

Then copied postcode zip to root

Then ran FastActivate.

When I select MyDevice on fastactivate it lists my map so I'm guessing that's good? However when I put the SD back into the device, it gets stuck on the first boot screen and then the image of a bad SD card is displayed.

What went wrong?

Hope some one can point me in the right direction, cheers.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:36 pm

I just went into Home2 and ran my TT GO, it went through a setup process, but when it got to the select map it said it couldnt find any? but fastactivate does?

JUst thought this may help with my problems.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:57 pm

I'm not sure if you're Go 300 internal memory cooperates with your sd memory.
I know later Go devices do cooperate.

You could try copying all files from internal memory to sd card and see if it starts then.

You can also patch your TT Home with FastActivate.
But it doesn't mean that much when it can't find the map. It's just a simulation.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:31 am

A 300 is like any other low end TT with added SD - they can only access the internal memory OR the SD, but noth both at the same time.
If you need a working setup on SD you must have a complete Navcore on it as well as an activated map.
And Home is pretty much useless for everything you want to check with it!

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:07 pm

If I plug in my TT I get the same files show up as I do if U use the SD on its own in a reader.

TT Home has been patched.

I installed navcore to the SD, and ActivateFast has activated the map.

I'm stumped, still getting the same splash screen on start up of an SD card with a big red cross through it.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:22 am

1. A red cross does not mean TT asks you for a blood donation, but means the TT can't read/find a Navcore.
2. It might help to give us all infos we need, check my sinature ;)
3. Just an assumption: You use a SDHC card and not a SD card?
Post a reply