Navcore compatibility chart   

Navcore compatibility chart

Postby pollywall1 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi,
I downloaded and printed the chart shown on here and thought it was self explanatory.
I have a TomTom Go 500 with navcore 8.412 installed.
Bootloader 5.5012

I am presently using West and Central Europe 855.2884
I downloaded auto installation versions of Uk and RI 900 4611 also North America 900 4601.

Installed both (seperately ) on SD cards and error message on TomTom saying maps will not run on this device.

When going through the installation process, it gets to the patching process via the internet , everything seems to be going ok , but near the end , I see a message I believe that says (can't find).Its very fast.

A couple of things , should these maps have worked ? or have I misunderstood the chart ?

What are the latest versions of UK , North America and Western Europe that will work with this device ?

Am I right in thinking that once Navcore is installed on the device , there is no need to have installed on any other SD cards I intend to put maps on ?

Thanks for your help.

Graham
pollywall1 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:55 pm

There is no patching through the internet, follow the instructions in the 900 map thread and it will work just fine.
The GO models will handle maps only on a SD (without NC) if a copy of the ttgo.bif is present, but not 100% if the 500 would need the NC on the SD too.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:48 pm

pollywall1 wrote:1. A couple of things , should these maps have worked ?
2. or have I misunderstood the chart ?

1. No, but not because they are not compatible.
2. No, you haven't misunderstood the chart. What you haven't done is to carefully read the Download Instructions: in post 1 of the [color=red]All New Maps 900.XXXX & 901.XXXX[/color] thread.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby pollywall1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:32 pm

I am having a problem with map installation.
I have a TomTom Go 500 with navcore 8.412 installed.
Bootloader 5.5012

I have prepared a new SD card which when inserted into the TomTom device boots up and says no map.

If I install the map (UK and R I 900 4608) on the new SD card via a pc reader , when I insert it into the tomtom , it boots up and says you can not use this map on this device.

However , if I install the same map onto an existing SD card via a pc reader , which has another Map (Western Europe already on it ) ie adding a map , when I insert it into the TomTom both maps work normally.
I am baffled.
Any help appreciated.
pollywall1 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:59 pm

pollywall1 wrote:I have prepared a new SD card which when inserted into the TomTom device boots up and says no map.

What size is the new card?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby pollywall1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Its a 4GB SDHC formatted with fat32.
The other card that it works on is also a 4gb SDHC.

Graham
pollywall1 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:31 pm

pollywall1 wrote:1. I have prepared a new SD card which when inserted into the TomTom device boots up and says no map.
2. If I install the map (UK and R I 900 4608) on the new SD card via a pc reader , when I insert it into the tomtom , it boots up and says you can not use this map on this device.
3. However , if I install the same map onto an existing SD card via a pc reader , which has another Map (Western Europe already on it ) ie adding a map , when I insert it into the TomTom both maps work normally.

1. What is on the SDHC card at this point?
2. Confirm that this map folder has a dct file in it.
3. Are you copying the entire UK&ROI 4608 map folder from the "new" card to the "old" card?

Suggestion: Cut the UK&ROI map folder from the "new" card. Copy everything, exactly as it is, from the "old" card to the "new" card. Insert the "new" card into the TomTom & reboot.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby pollywall1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:41 pm

1)Folders ART,BIN,CONTACTS,EPHEM,GL,GNS,ITN,LOGGING,MP3,NAVCORE,OUTSOURCED,PHOTOS,SCRIPT,SOUNDS,TEXT

FILES antitheftw, current map, data chk , data 3d chk,data im1 chk,data im2 chk,data is1 chk,data is2 chk,data lim

chk, data lis chk, data ra chk,data sp chk,data ts chk,gprscom.conf,gprssettings,liabec 55,libaec

60.so,low batteryyw mctx,meta,pndnavigator,readmenot,settings,signpost,switchfiles (rar

file)system5.5128,ttgo,ttsystem,user patch

2)No files with ext dct , is this the meta file , if so yes.

3)No not copying , doing a reinstall using the 4608 install folder found on here
pollywall1 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:58 pm

1. OK I see that you have a SE navcore, but no map!!
2. The map is not patched!!
3. OK.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby pollywall1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:23 pm

ok thanks for that.
Why is the map on one card patched but not the other ?
Just trying to understand what is happening.
What can I do about it on any further maps ?
Thanks for your patience
pollywall1 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:21 pm

pollywall1 wrote:ok thanks for that.
1. Why is the map on one card patched but not the other ?
Just trying to understand what is happening.
2. What can I do about it on any further maps ?
Thanks for your patience

1. For clarification, before a map is patched, there is a .meta file in the map folder. After a map is patched, there is a .meta file plus a .meta.dct file.
Three things are required to be on a card to patch a map on the card. The map folder, a copy of the device's ttgo.bif file & an up to date patcher.
2. Make sure the 3 requirements are met.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby pollywall1 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:37 am

pollywall1 wrote:Am I right in thinking that once Navcore is installed on the device , there is no need to have installed on any other SD cards I intend to put maps on ?

Trying to understand about Navcore.
On a TomTom Go 500 , is the Navcore installed on to the internal memory or works off the sd card.
I remember reading years ago that you can,t install an earlier version of Navcore over a later version .
Is this correct or rubbish ?
Another thing , I was playing around(experimenting others might call it) with Navcore 9.161 , put a map on that was previously (can,t use this map)because of the compatability chart issue , and it ran fine.
Checking the version on the TomTom at this point, it was 9.161
If I removed the navcore files on the card that I had been using would the map no longer run (will try in a while )
Putting on a card that was using Navcore 8.4 , when checking the version on the TomTom it says 8.4
This makes me think that the operating system runs from the card.
How do you see what is actually on the device?

Thanks Again
pollywall1 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:17 pm

For me, the easiest way is to use two different startup images.
After a reset you will clearly see by the picture what is booting.
Same if different NC versions are used on internal/SD - you can simply check the statusinfo in the menu.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby pollywall1 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:02 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Not sure what you mean by using 2 different start up images.
I never see an image of what is actually happening at boot up, goes straight from tomtom screen to map.
I can check the status once it has booted up.
This is the version of the navcore on the card used at the time.
How do I install a navcore version onto the device ?
pollywall1 offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:08 pm

pollywall1 wrote:Trying to understand about Navcore.
1. On a TomTom Go 500 , is the Navcore installed on to the internal memory or works off the sd card.
2. I remember reading years ago that you can,t install an earlier version of Navcore over a later version .
Is this correct or rubbish ?
3. Another thing , I was playing around(experimenting others might call it) with Navcore 9.161 , put a map on that was previously (can,t use this map)because of the compatability chart issue , and it ran fine.
Checking the version on the TomTom at this point, it was 9.161
4. If I removed the navcore files on the card that I had been using would the map no longer run (will try in a while )
5. Putting on a card that was using Navcore 8.4 , when checking the version on the TomTom it says 8.4
This makes me think that the operating system runs from the card.
6. How do you see what is actually on the device?

Thanks Again

1. You can do either. With no sd card installed, the unit runs with the internal navcore. With a sd card installed, but no navcore on it, the unit runs with the internal navcore. With a sd card, that has a navcore installed on it, the unit defaults to & runs with the SD card navcore.
2. Pure Rubbish.
3. OK.
4. It will run if the internal navcore & the map on the card are patched & are compatible with each other.
5. See point 1.
6. Do it Downunder's way in post 13, open the ttgo.bif file or run TomTom Current Configuration {13.11.2011}.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom