Navcore 9.450 with memory boost for 32mb devices and integra   

Navcore 9.450 with memory boost for 32mb devices and integra

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:10 am

Thanks to DSA8310 it is now possible to create a "swap file" for the V9 NC's.
He also included a nice tool to update the GPS QuickFix data using an active data connection on your connected phone - so if compatible you can update on the go.
This NC also has support for asian maps and keyboard.
All possible emulations are included but not all may work for your device.
Also be aware that some features like FM, Lightsensor, ASR and TT services depend on the hardware and emulation too!
For example it is still not possible to use the lightsensor in any other than the native mode for your device.

Since not much testing could be done you should post your feedback here if you test this NC.
From initial tests on my 730 I have to say all works as it should and I get super fast route calculations with the current AU890.4278 map.
Download : [Please Register or Login to download file]
Download of the full backup : [Please Register or Login to download file]
Most 32mb models will only support the SELF mode (it is the default mode after installation).
If your device is unresponsive, hangs or reboots after changing the emulation using the SkinChanger follow these steps:
1: open the file reskin in the folder skins with an editor
2: replace the line with slf-Self;slf-Self;17-Rider;34-ONE;35-XL;36-XL LIVE;37-GO x50;39-Start;18-GO x20;25-GO x30;24-GO x40
3: remove the emulation(s) that are not working for you
4: save the file, make sure that it has no file ending like .txt

For the QuickFix download you need to pair your phone first and have a working data connection.
To download simply tap the button in the menu.

The swapfile will be created at the first start and it has changed a bit from the previous version, so be patient and give your device a few minutes before you start playing with it.

Some things I noticed that might help [only necessary if your encounter problems with Ram below 6mb]:
1. After the installation it is best to add a new map or leave the old activated on the device.
2. On 32mb devices most likely only the self mode will work - XL Live was tested and gives a 3 panel status bar
3. To successfully create a big swapfile and save the biggest amount of Ram follow these steps:
If you need computervoices add them before you start!
a) Start the freshly updated device
b) do the initial setup, don't overwrite an older installation
c) Do the setup to get into the menu
d) Plan (not navigate to) a long route e.g. from Melbourne to Sydney
e) Simulate the route when the calculation is complete
f) Check the voice and speed cam settings and when all is working turn off the device

On a ONE V3 I get over 8mb of free Ram with working computervoices and an active route.
Still POI's should not be shown on the map to save Ram and CPU power.

Edit: For all those with problems I uploaded a backup that includes TTS Kate, a full ASR folder, some voices and sounds incl. spkoen warnings for cams, school zones and red light cams.
Can be found in the above link.
If your device has no mic you can delete the whole ASR folder to save a bit on space.
The warning sound for cams and so on are in the folder sounds, if you can't select them for your your cams simply copy the corresponding files into your map folder to get spoken warnings for the cams.

Edit2: Updated the files to a version that should work better with less reboots.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby sikula » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:14 am

Password rar???
sikula offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:54 am

Please check my signature.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Hamish » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:14 am

Downunder35m wrote:Please check my signature.

NT

TT GO730, Navcore: always testing different ones, current map of Australia, Bootloader 5.5256, 16GB SDHC incl. Tomplayer, ttmaps, Height11

Get my Config Please use this program and post the result with your initial request!

Forum rules

TT Clear Flash Tool

Don't think it's there.
Hamish offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:23 am

What does the last line of my signature read? ;)
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:30 am

Really? *sigh* :D
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby tendriver » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:14 pm

Hamish wrote:Don't think it's there.

Looks like you did a bit of editing to delete Downunder's password from the last line of his signature in your post 4.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cieranc » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi, so finally managed to download this NavCore (thanks to tendriver) and 890.4222 UK map.
I format the device (TT One v8, 32mb).
I extract both navcore and map to the device.
If I then try to run FastActivate I get "TTgo.bif missing"
When I start the device I get "This map cannot be used"
So I reconnect to computer and then run fast activate, which makes the map work. Presumeably the first start up generates the TTgo.bif file?

The second time I start up I get "no voices found".
So with the map working, I follow your advice, prepare a long route, then watch demo of the route. With this done I swithch the device off and back on again.

It's still running slow, takes a while to work through the menu's.
Am I doing something wrong?
cieranc offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:17 am

How much Ram is free and did you install a voice?
Since your map is activated now I suggest you add a voice and delete all from the device except the folders "vices" and your map folder.
Install the Navcore again and folow instructions.
At your first start there was no map, no voice and the NC only made a partial boot which is not enough to create a proper swapfile.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby cieranc » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Thanks for bearing with me with this one DownUnder.
I followed the advice above, wiped everything except the map and voice folders and re-installed the navcore.

I prepared a long route 600 miles then set the video of route running. A funny thing happened, it was going fine, but after about 100 miles the route flipped back to the start, it did this a few times. So I made a different route, and it did the same thing.
Anyway, switched the device off and back on, it flips through the menu's quickly, so out for a road test. Just 20 miles but through a town centre, everything worked as it should, the device kept up and I could still flip through the menu's quickly. So problem solved I think!

Then I tried to apply the latest postcodes (from here), and a splash screen and map corrections from TT home.
They've worked, but now the device is slow through the menu's again.

Available memory on the device is 159mb free of 486, and the swap file is 8,192kb.
How do I check the available RAM with a live route running?
cieranc offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:35 pm

cieranc wrote:1. Available memory on the device is 159mb free of 486, and the swap file is 8,192kb.
2. How do I check the available RAM with a live route running?

1. This is storage memory & isn't what you are interested in.
2. Depending on your Menu, either go to Main Menu, Status & Information, Version information or tap the lower right corner of the navigation screen & tap the small box on the right side, with the navcore version in it.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cieranc » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Brilliant, thanks for that.
So this time, I added the up to date zip file, then deleted everything else from the device save maps, voice and zip.
Re-installed the navcore and everything seems to be working OK.
I plotted a route of 700 miles and was getting 6.8mb RAM, with the demo running I get 10mb RAM.
I'll give it a proper road test tomorrow and see what happens.
cieranc offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:45 am

I uploaded a version with better memory management that should give a bit more Ram and works better on the very old CPU's like for the 300 and also a backup with TTS included.
Simulate a route and check the status screen for the device info on the last page of the menu.
You might want to check if the new version works better for you as the swapfile is created earlier in the process.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby cieranc » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Is that new version now in the link in the original post on this thread???

Anyway, a couple of days road-testing, results just in! I've been testing this on a 32mb TT One V8 with no SD card slot.
I have trouble getting the device to boot up right. I installed my own splash screen. 2 seperate situations:

The device has been switched off for a couple of hours. I switch it on, it goes to the TomTom splash screen, black background with the red hands. Then as it boots up, get the blue screen with the disc loading bar at the bottom, as if it's loading from an SD card. Then I get my splash screen and then the program kicks in. When it boots up like this, it takes ages to get a sattelite fix, RAM is about 3.5mb and obviously runs slow. Try to give it a route and it crashes and switches off.

BUT...... If I then switch the device off, and switch it back on within 10 mins or so, it goes straight to my splash screen (no TomTom screen or disc loading), it gets a fast gps fix and there's between 9 and 10.2 mb of free RAM. Everything works properly and quickly, it's a good setup. With an active route I'm getting 7.5-8.5 mb RAM.

So a bit of a glitch with the way it boots up.

One other thing I noticed was, in a city centre between tall buildings, it lost the signal. When this happened it crashed and switched off. It was running fine right upto then, was giving the right directions on time. I've never lost the signal with it since so can't be sure that it was the signal loss that crashed it. But seemed too much like coincidence.

If the glitch with the booting up can be ironed out, then this'll be a top NavCore for these devices. And of course, having the very latest maps is the buzzer!

Good Work DownUnder!
cieranc offline

Postby cieranc » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Just to add, I havn't got TTS voices installed, which I'm not fussed about, and there's no ALG working (should there be??) which would be handy to have working.
cieranc offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom