Meta.txt   

Meta.txt

Postby tinman948 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Ok, now that there is finally a meta for United States 890. All I have to do is add the code to the meta file. Is this correct? I don't want to download the whole map again just to get the meta file.

I don't know anything about the *.meta file. There is no meta.txt file for me to add the new code.

When I do open the *.meta file with notepad it's all gibberish.

I'm so confussed.
tinman948 offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:49 pm

tinman948 wrote:1. Ok, now that there is finally a meta for United States 890. All I have to do is add the code to the meta file. Is this correct?
2. I don't want to download the whole map again just to get the meta file.

3. I don't know anything about the *.meta file. There is no meta.txt file for me to add the new code.

4. When I do open the *.meta file with notepad it's all gibberish.

5. I'm so confussed.

1. Nope. All You have to do is run FastActivate Premium & click the first button on the left, "Update meta.txt". Then click the second button "Maps/Voices/Speedcams". Done.
2. You don't get the meta.txt file from the map.
3. See point 1.
4. You don't open the *.meta file.
5. So I can tell.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tinman948 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Got it!
BAD MAP!!!!

Before the meta.txt was available I downloaded the map all by itself getting ready for the meta.txt, then the next day I saw that another map with patcher and installer was available for 890(still no meta)thinking it would work. Not.

I'm starting to understand how this works. Even if it says Map with patcher and installer and there is no meta file it will not work

So had 2 maps, 1 was around 1.36gb and the other was 1.49gb. The smaller 1 was bad.
tinman948 offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:00 pm

tinman948 wrote:Got it!

1. BAD MAP!!!!

2. Before the meta.txt was available I downloaded the map all by itself getting ready for the meta.txt, then the next day I saw that another map with patcher and installer was available for 890(still no meta)thinking it would work. Not.

3 I'm starting to understand how this works. Even if it says Map with patcher and installer and there is no meta file it will not work

4. So had 2 maps, 1 was around 1.36gb and the other was 1.49gb. The smaller 1 was bad.

Congrats!!

1. Why do you think the map is bad?
2. I most not have done very good explaining this to you. NO meta code = map can't be patched, regardless of where the map comes from.
3. You got it!!
4. Same question as point 1.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tinman948 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:10 am

Well, the second one worked and the other one didn't.
So I'm just guessing it's bad. It maybe OK I'm still learning
tinman948 offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:49 am

tinman948 wrote:Well, the second one worked and the other one didn't.
So I'm just guessing it's bad. It maybe OK I'm still learning

1 thing you haven't learned is posting details. I don't know any more than I did after your post 1.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tinman948 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:19 pm

Yea, I know. I apologize, I'm not very knowledgeable like I said this is all so new to me and I'm just starting to understand how things go.

Thanks
tinman948 offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:42 pm

tinman948 wrote:Yea, I know. I apologize, I'm not very knowledgeable like I said this is all so new to me and I'm just starting to understand how things go.

Thanks

My comment was meant to be half humor & half serious. If I may be candid, you are making this harder than it actually is. Basically it is a 4 step procedure. Copy in a new navcore. Remove the old map folder. Copy in the new map folder. Make sure that both are patched. Done!!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tenorman » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:36 pm

tendriver wrote:My comment was meant to be half humor & half serious. If I may be candid, you are making this harder than it actually is. Basically it is a 4 step procedure. Copy in a new navcore. Remove the old map folder. Copy in the new map folder. Make sure that both are patched. Done!!!

Hi,
My new Maps for New Zealand won't work as yet either and Autoactivate and Fast activate can't install the meta txt. I seem to remember you have to wait till they are available??? It says with autoactivate that the server is not available, or some such wording...that means the meta is not yet available...am I right??? TNX
tenorman offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:38 pm

tenorman wrote:Hi,
My new Maps for New Zealand won't work as yet either and Autoactivate and Fast activate can't install the meta txt.
1. I seem to remember you have to wait till they are available???
2. It says with autoactivate that the server is not available, or some such wording...that means the meta is not yet available...am I right??? TNX

1. Correct.
2. Available metas are posted under their corresponding map in the All New Maps 890.XXXX thread. Neither NZ map has a meta posted.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom