Meta file goobledygook   

Meta file goobledygook

Postby giblets » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi,
trying to figure out my tomtom,
i've succesfullly installed maps before, but struggling with a couple of new ones. having transferred the files onto the tomtom and tried fast activate in the root, and in the map folder, was getting the DCT error.
There is a meta file in there, but when I open it, its random characters (as are my other working maps), so I cannot search for any meta codes. There was no meta.dct file in there either, so I created one with the meta codes in.
fast activate seems happy with that, but when I open the tom tom and try and use the files I just get the message I can't use the maps with my tomtom.
I'm looking at 1035 maps, so nothing too new.
GoLive 750
Nav core 9.541
Maps in question:
Europe_West 1035.9676
Iberia__1035_9697
giblets offline

Re: Meta file goobledygook

Postby fredderf » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:00 pm

A DCT error means the map is not activating so you need to check if there is a meta code released for the map (which should've been done before downloading it in the first place). Secondly, you cannot create a *.DCT file yourself...so don't even bother trying.

Europe_West 1035.9676 = yes, can be activated
Iberia__1035_9697 = no, can't be activated

The meta file you're looking at inside the map should not be opened or modified in any way otherwise you'll actually be creating the error yourself.

I would recommend starting again and downloading FastActivate from [Please Register or Login to download file] and look at the enclosed MyMeta.txt to find new 1050 series maps that will suit your needs & already has a meta code published. Download your chosen map(s) and extract them to the root of your device...and also extract the FastActivate archive there too. After that run FastActivate from the root and select option 2 to activate the map(s).
fredderf offline

Administrator

Re: Meta file goobledygook

Postby giblets » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:34 pm

Thanks,
seem to have got it working, though I seem to have to manually create a meta.dct in order to allow it to work!
giblets offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom