Meta Code   

Meta Code

Postby TomRob » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:40 pm

Hi I am about to update my TT One v3 and have read various tutorials. It appears to be important to have the meta code, but what do I do with the meta code.
This is what I am hoping to do - upgrade TT one v3
App 8.016
32 MB RAM
GPS v1.21
Boot 5.5022
Map v 830.2306 (Western Europe)

with - Western_Europe_1GB_945_6243 with Automatic Installer & Patcher
; Western_Europe_1GB v945.6243
8B 23 FB C5 8A BF 84 66 25 9C 04 93 ED 78 8D 01 Western_Europe_1GB-100307.meta

Because I am new to this I am using the Automatic Installer & Patcher but I would like to understand what I am doing and try to get it right.
TomRob offline

Re: Meta Code

Postby tendriver » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:13 am

TomRob wrote:1. It appears to be important to have the meta code, but what do I do with the meta code.
2. Because I am new to this I am using the Automatic Installer & Patcher but I would like to understand what I am doing and try to get it right.

1. It is extremely important. A map can't be patched without it. You don't do anything with it directly. FastActivate has an Intergrated meta code file.
2. Use the AI&P version if you so desire, but it is super simple to do it manually.
Download & unzip the map. Remove the old map folder. Copy in the new map folder. Run FastActivate Option 2 to patch the map. Run Option 3 to patch the navcore. Disconnect & reboot. DONE!!
If you use the AI&P version, after the installation is complete, confirm that the map was patched by looking in the new map folder for a .meta.dct file.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby TomRob » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:38 am

Thank-you for your o so simple tutorial I am going to try this. I notice comparing the old folder with the new one that the speed cameras are missing. Do I re-add them through TT Home?
TomRob offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:31 pm

TomRob wrote:I notice comparing the old folder with the new one that the speed cameras are missing. Do I re-add them through TT Home?

No, copy them from the old to the new.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom