Messed up TomTom ONE 3rd Edition **FIXED**   

Messed up TomTom ONE 3rd Edition **FIXED**

Postby gm8nsz » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:14 pm

Hello All. For the first time in many years I seem to have 'screwed up' my venerable ONE 3rd Edition:-( I have been updating maps, cameras, etc for many years but, today, I seem to have upset something when adding the latest map.

Normal process followed of loading map, updating META, starting TomTom - no useable map - swich off and on again then connecting to Fast Activate. However, this time it 'hung' after start up following activation. Home can't do anything with it although it sees it. Now have the Flashing X when I switch on. I thought about starting from scratch with a clean Navcore install but windows says I don't have the 'permissions' to format the drive. Maybe it has just got old and died unless anyone knows of a way out? Thanks.

Mike - Cheltenham UK

**UPDATE** After several presses of the Reset button I managed to get the laptop to read the disk. However, still would not boot. Fortunately, I also have an old early version One so managed to copy-n-paste all the programme files from that and it worked! Now updated and working as it always did. Who needs new, expensive SatNavs:-)
gm8nsz offline

Re: Messed up TomTom ONE 3rd Edition **FIXED**

Postby fredderf » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:18 pm

Well done...now do a full backup just in case :023:

:thread_solved:
fredderf offline

Administrator

Return to General Discussions about TomTom