Mates TomTom XXL540   

Mates TomTom XXL540

Postby bondy99 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:56 pm

G'day,

I am hopeing someone could be kind enough to provide me with a solution or workaround.

I have placed an earlier post about my friends TomTom XXL540, it's identical to mine except mine is upto date and current, his was way out of date, old map, old navcore etc.

Tendriver provided me with a very good solution / workaround to get my friend's TomTom XXl540 up to date...thanks to tendriver's advice it is now up and running...smoothly.

I have my device registered with Tomtom, when I tried to go to connect to TomTom using TomTom Home with my friends unit, TomTom recognised I have a different device / registration number.

I disconnected my friends device.

Having this in mind, should my friend register his unit to enable to get updates or just go the way how I've done it using tendriver's advice?

Cheers, Bondy99
bondy99 offline

Postby bondy99 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:56 am

Done a road test this morning, everything works ok. Does take some time to obtain initial position fix. I might need to recalibrate screen. I was at a set of traffic lights and the voice said turn left in 10 metres , ha..it was an immediate turn left...not 10 metres...might need recalibration.

Bondy99
bondy99 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:21 pm

bondy99 wrote:I have my device registered with Tomtom, when I tried to go to connect to TomTom using TomTom Home with my friends unit, TomTom recognised I have a different device / registration number.

I disconnected my friends device.

Having this in mind, should my friend register his unit to enable to get updates or just go the way how I've done it using tendriver's advice?

Have you solved this issue?

bondy99 wrote:1. Done a road test this morning, everything works ok. Does take some time to obtain initial position fix.
2. I might need to recalibrate screen. I was at a set of traffic lights and the voice said turn left in 10 metres , ha..it was an immediate turn left...not 10 metres...might need recalibration.

1. Are you referring to your friends XXL?
2. Screen calibration has nothing to due with this issue.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bondy99 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:01 pm

G'day Tendriver,

Yes, I have resolved this issue but still think about it and yes I was referring to my friends XXL in relation to screen calibration, however it has sorted itself this morning and works good..

The only issue is in relation to my friends XXL in regards to further updates. The only differences between the two now is just the serial numbers. My device is locked in with TomTom Home v2.9. Whereas my friends XXL is not registered under my account. I was wondering whether my friend could register his as is and might be able to get updates direct!! Otherwise if that's not possible my friend will have to rely on getting updates from me via the forum. That's the only thought I'm canvassing.

What advice or suggestion regarding the above would you say is the better option.

Thanks, Bondy99
bondy99 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:37 pm

bondy99 wrote:1. The only issue is in relation to my friends XXL in regards to further updates. The only differences between the two now is just the serial numbers. My device is locked in with TomTom Home v2.9. Whereas my friends XXL is not registered under my account.
2. I was wondering whether my friend could register his as is and might be able to get updates direct!! Otherwise if that's not possible my friend will have to rely on getting updates from me via the forum. That's the only thought I'm canvassing.

1. I frequently connect units, that aren't locked in to my TT Home, & have no problem updating them when logged in to my account. I get a notice that the unit is not registered. I close the notice & continue with the updating.
2. Yes, he can do this. This is my recommendation.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bondy99 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:39 am

@ tendriver,

I'd reckon that advice has resolved my pondering question. I would think this topic can be closed.

Cheers, Bondy99
bondy99 offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:55 am

bondy99 wrote:I would think this topic can be closed.

Done!!!!

:thread_solved:
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom