Mark Location of Map Error not marking location   

Mark Location of Map Error not marking location

Postby animeking » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 am

It seems regardless of application or map, the mark location of map error feature has corrupted itself somehow.

What happens is that I go into my quick menu and select mark location of map error. I then go into my main menu and select map corrections. It tells me that I've marked 1 location and if i would like to review and change it now. I select Yes.

Instead of showing me the location that I marked, which it used to do a long time ago, it shows me a screen where the left upper 1/4 of the screen is blue, like the color they use for water on the map, and the 3/4 rest of the screen is green, like the color they use for grass. When I select handle now, and select any option, such as unblock street, it uses my current location, instead of the location I marked.

I reformatted the 930, and reloaded an application and a map. My bluetooth phone settings were still present, so that tells me that some memory does not get wiped from a disk format.

How to I clean and / or wipe that memory? I'm thinking that portion of memory became corrupted and is not allowing me to save locations of map errors.
animeking offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby eskro » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:49 am

Tomtom clear flash tool
1.[color="red"] Engine[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] iGO 8.3.4.102680
2. [color="red"]Maps[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NavteQ 2010.Q4 North America
3. [color="red"]Pois[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Tele Atlas Premium 2010.06 North America
4. [color="red"]Skin[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] Choup 6.9c EUR+
5. [color="red"]Voice[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] TTS Juliette 2.9 f1hmq-Mikado
6. [color="red"]3D Buildings[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2008.02 North America
7. [color="red"]3D Landmarks[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG 2009.09 North America
8. [color="red"]3D Terrain[/color] [color="blue"]=[/color] NNG North America
eskro offline

User avatar Premium Member

Postby animeking » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:07 am

Clear flash tool didn't work, but using cleanflash switchfile setting seems to have done the trick.
animeking offline

Postby djc151084 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:16 am

animeking wrote:Clear flash tool didn't work, but using cleanflash switchfile setting seems to have done the trick.

good ;) . .
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby tendriver » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:42 pm

animeking wrote:It seems regardless of application or map, the mark location of map error feature has corrupted itself somehow.

What happens is that I go into my quick menu and select mark location of map error. I then go into my main menu and select map corrections. It tells me that I've marked 1 location and if i would like to review and change it now. I select Yes.

Instead of showing me the location that I marked, which it used to do a long time ago, it shows me a screen where the left upper 1/4 of the screen is blue, like the color they use for water on the map, and the 3/4 rest of the screen is green, like the color they use for grass. When I select handle now, and select any option, such as unblock street, it uses my current location, instead of the location I marked.

I reformatted the 930, and reloaded an application and a map. My bluetooth phone settings were still present, so that tells me that some memory does not get wiped from a disk format.

How to I clean and / or wipe that memory? I'm thinking that portion of memory became corrupted and is not allowing me to save locations of map errors.

What map are you using? Where is the location of the map error. What is your location when marking the map error?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby animeking » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:44 pm

I am using North America 850.2781, I used to use an 840 map, but I had the same problem.

Location of the map error option is in my quick (custom) menu

My location when marking is a screen where the left upper 1/4 is blue, and the rest 3/4 is green, with no specific location. If I try to do something specific, like unblock a street, it defaults to my current location.

The problem seemed to have been solved when I used an SE switchfile setting to clear the flash.
animeking offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:03 pm

animeking wrote:I am using North America 850.2781, I used to use an 840 map, but I had the same problem.

1. Location of the map error option is in my quick (custom) menu

2.My location when marking is a screen where the left upper 1/4 is blue, and the rest 3/4 is green, with no specific location. If I try to do something specific, like unblock a street, it defaults to my current location.

3. The problem seemed to have been solved when I used an SE switchfile setting to clear the flash.

1. I asked for the location of the map error, not the Location of the map error option.
2. I asked, " What is your location when marking the map error? " Are you at the error or at home, work or elsewhere.
3. This is a work-around.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby animeking » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:26 pm

tendriver wrote:1. I asked for the location of the map error, not the Location of the map error option.
2. I asked, " What is your location when marking the map error? " Are you at the error or at home, work or elsewhere.
3. This is a work-around.

1. I had this error happen regardless of location, in the US, in the Canada, etc. So the location of the map error could be anywhere in the Northeast US or Eastern Canada.
2. I'm at the error and at home, the issue is present regardless of location.
3. It's the best solution so far that I've come across.
animeking offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:02 pm

My intent was to create an exact situation like you encountered, but without your cooperation, no can do.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby animeking » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:07 pm

tendriver wrote:My intent was to create an exact situation like you encountered, but without your cooperation, no can do.

Exact Situation 1

Location marked at Intersection of E 42nd St and 5th Ave in New York, NY, Check map error at the error

Exact Situation 2

Location marked at 1 Yonge St, Toronto, ON, Check map error at home

Exact Situation 3

Location marked at 1100 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA, Check error at 900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA

Literally, any permutation of location of marking of error and location of checking the error works, but if you want three specific examples, here you go.
animeking offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:09 pm

animeking wrote:Exact Situation 1

Intersection of E 42nd St and 5th Ave in New York, NY, Check map error at the error

Exact Situation 2

1 Yonge St, Toronto, ON, Check map error at home

Thanx. Much better.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby animeking » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:11 pm

tendriver wrote:Thanx. Much better.

Now that I think of it:

Exact Situation 3

Location marked at 1100 Wilson Boulevard, Arlington, VA, Check error at 900 S Orme St, Arlington, VA

This is the location when I first noticed the marking issue.
animeking offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:59 pm

animeking wrote:Now that I think of it:

Exact Situation 3

This is the location when I first noticed the marking issue.

I have tried every option that I know to create your issue. No luck using NC 9.053 & NA 850.2781. I will continue trying to come up with an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby animeking » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:59 pm

tendriver wrote:I have tried every option that I know to create your issue. No luck using NC 9.053 & NA 850.2781. I will continue trying to come up with an answer.

I think this is related to a flash memory issue.

When I cleared my flash, it seemed to make everything better.

For example, I have another problem which was solved somewhat which I think is related to flash as well.

Title: Audio issues over FM

Post 1:

Whenever I play an mp3 file over FM, Tomtom will pause the music when a route instruction is given, and unpause it after the instruction is completed.

Sporadically, the Tomtom will not unpause the music. This leads to silence over the FM. There are two events that will unpause the music. The first, is if the Tomtom decides to give another route instruction, upon completion, that act usually unpauses the music. The second, is if I select the Jukebox, pause the track, select the Jukebox again and resume the track, will the Tomtom unpause the music.

I'm not sure if this happens over line out, I usually notice it over FM.

Why does this happen?

Post 2:

The issue is present when I am playing music over FM. It's funny, when I play over FM, line out is also enabled, and the issue is present on line out when selecting the FM transmitter as the output.

I have not tested if this issue is present when I select line out as the output.

After deleting flash via switchfile setting:

In a 40 minute drive, the music only paused once after an instruction. I did not notice this issue after that one time. The only complication was that I also installed ME 9.051, so I'm not sure what was the solution, deleting flash or installing a new navcore. This is the annoying thing about doing two things at once to address a problem.
animeking offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:21 pm

If I was having this problem, I would start over by deleting everything but the map folder. I would copy my backup w/o the map onto my unit. I would then copy the navcore .cab of my choice onto my unit, overwriting any common files or folders. Finally copy the SE ttsystem file onto my unit & I'm done.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom