"NO MAPS FOUND" Error Message on a TT ONE XL   

"NO MAPS FOUND" Error Message on a TT ONE XL

Postby georgevl » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:05 pm

I got a friend's TT ONE XL with original map the Western_Europe_1GB.
I wanted to load a new map of Argentina (Argentina_Mapear_865.3302).
When I inserted an empty 2GB SD card to the TT slot, the TT refused to work saying the SD card is not TT-SD card or ... something similar.
Having no other option, I removed some files (from subdirs "voices" and "zip") to free the internal memory and added a new subdir with the new argentina map in the internal memory. Then I ran the FastActivate lite. When I rebooted the TT, it said "No maps found!"
Trying to bring it back to initial state (only one map loaded):
I removed the new map and copied back the removed files but still I get the same message.
What files are changed by FastActivate? or how can I recover the unit? Can anybody help me? (I am a Garmin guy so please describe in details -I am not very familiar w/TT) THANK YOU

I know these number of ttgo.bif are useful to see the NAVcore (but i do not really know what these really mean)
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7130
ApplicationVersion=8476

Thanks in advance!
georgevl offline

Postby PiEtU » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:16 pm

georgevl wrote:I got a friend's TT ONE XL with original map the Western_Europe_1GB.
I wanted to load a new map of Argentina (Argentina_Mapear_865.3302).
When I inserted an empty 2GB SD card to the TT slot, the TT refused to work saying the SD card is not TT-SD card or ... something similar.
Having no other option, I removed some files (from subdirs "voices" and "zip") to free the internal memory and added a new subdir with the new argentina map in the internal memory. Then I ran the FastActivate lite. When I rebooted the TT, it said "No maps found!"
Trying to bring it back to initial state (only one map loaded):
I removed the new map and copied back the removed files but still I get the same message.
What files are changed by FastActivate? or how can I recover the unit? Can anybody help me? (I am a Garmin guy so please describe in details -I am not very familiar w/TT) THANK YOU

I know these number of ttgo.bif are useful to see the NAVcore (but i do not really know what these really mean)
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7130
ApplicationVersion=8476

Thanks in advance!

If you patch your navcore then FastActivate change PNDNavgator or ttsystem
if you have original backup copy these files back to root directory...

if you want use Argentina_Mapear_865.3302 you must change your navcore....
first try to update your navcore with TomTom HOME and look what is current official....
[Please Register or Login to download file]
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby georgevl » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks for info.
I had a backup but unfortunately I "destroyed" that.
Any other option???
georgevl offline

Postby georgevl » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks for the info PietU
I had a backup but unfortunately I "destroyed" that. My TT has ttsystem but not PNDNavgator
Any other option???
georgevl offline

Postby PiEtU » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:23 pm

georgevl wrote:Thanks for the info PietU
I had a backup but unfortunately I "destroyed" that. My TT has ttsystem but not PNDNavgator
Any other option???

Just update your navcore with TomTom HOME
you maybe need update it several time then look your current official navcore...

1. Install tomtom home
2. plug your device to computer and start tomtom HOME
3. then use update my device...

Another solution is to use this way:
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2831-TomTom-Automatic-Navcore-Installation
Download SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices.rar (Widescreen ONLY)

Read instruction carefull
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby georgevl » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:03 pm

I did the update.

1 update required for:

1. TT Aplication for ONE XL
2. QuckGPSfix
3. Phone connections settings
4. Install to internal memory (3 items)
5. Map sharing corrections
6. Processing Map sharing corrections
7. Applying Map sharing corrections
8. One time update
9. Finishing Installation

Then it says it was fully updated

Reboot and still cannot see the maps ?!?
georgevl offline

Postby georgevl » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:06 pm

Is there an option to find the ttsystem for my TT somewhere? I think this is damaged (patched) and it is not replaced/updated with the updates.
georgevl offline

Postby georgevl » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:07 pm

georgevl wrote:Then it says it was fully updated

Reboot and still cannot see the maps ?!?

Strange things happen now.
Though it was fully updated and could not see the map, I tried again with TT Home and I got another 2 updates (i regard only 1 relevant - the 2nd was about RDS-traffic)
After this update I can see the map BUT I select it and I get a message: "Problem with map You cannot use this map on this device: Western_Europe_1GB.
Note: This is the original map of the GPS which was updated during the 1st update (?!)

Inn the meantime I downloaded "SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices.rar (Widescreen ONLY)"
Question: is this TT ONE XL regarded a "widescreen" or I will mess it up more??
georgevl offline

Postby georgevl » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:45 am

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

a very BIG THANK to PiEtU!!!
Finally I updated to SE_Navcore.8.412.1236_32mb_devices.rar and not to SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices.rar (Widescreen ONLY) that PiEtU suggested me (I was afraid that v9 would be "heavier" for my friends 32GB TT ONE XL)
I loaded my old map, REBOOTED and finally ran the AutoUpdate (included in the v8 download)

Thank you very much - a GREAT THANK TO PiEtU
U R TERRIFIC

Your site is PERFECT Guys - CONGRATULATIONS

George (a Greek in Paris) ;-)
georgevl offline

Postby PiEtU » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:23 am

georgevl wrote:PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

a very BIG THANK to PiEtU!!!
Finally I updated to SE_Navcore.8.412.1236_32mb_devices.rar and not to SE_Navcore.9.205.547817_32mb_devices.rar (Widescreen ONLY) that PiEtU suggested me (I was afraid that v9 would be "heavier" for my friends 32GB TT ONE XL)
I loaded my old map, REBOOTED and finally ran the AutoUpdate (included in the v8 download)

Thank you very much - a GREAT THANK TO PiEtU
U R TERRIFIC

Your site is PERFECT Guys - CONGRATULATIONS

George (a Greek in Paris) ;-)

Nice... your bootloader may have problem if it not see big sd-cards
look your bootloader version from ttgo.bif...

and if you want use sd-card you must install navocere in it and map also...
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby georgevl » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:30 pm

PiEtU wrote:Nice... your bootloader may have problem if it not see big sd-cards
look your bootloader version from ttgo.bif...

and if you want use sd-card you must install navocere in it and map also...

If I understood correctly you mean that my bootloader perhaps cannot recognize high capacity SD cards because it is the NAVcore 8 and not NAVcore 9?

Why do I have to load the NAVcore in the SD card (and spend a lot of memory)? It seems to me VERY STRANGE - is it because it is not "legal" or is it a "strange-thing" of TT company?

Thanks again
georgevl offline

Postby lemoni » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:28 am

georgevl wrote:If I understood correctly you mean that my bootloader perhaps cannot recognize high capacity SD cards because it is the NAVcore 8 and not NAVcore 9?

Why do I have to load the NAVcore in the SD card (and spend a lot of memory)? It seems to me VERY STRANGE - is it because it is not "legal" or is it a "strange-thing" of TT company?

Thanks again

1) Bootloader 5.5015 or higher is required to read SDHC cards (which are 4GB and above).
2) When a card is inserted in the device, when booting it up it will only look at the contents of the card. It won't even look in the internal memory. It can't run both the card and internal memory at the same time. You can leave the contents of the internal memory untouched if you are going to use a card instead.
TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 900.4602, Bootloader: 5.5250
TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 900.4602, Bootloader: 5.5244
lemoni offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:28 am

georgevl wrote:1. If I understood correctly you mean that my bootloader perhaps cannot recognize high capacity SD cards because it is the NAVcore 8 and not NAVcore 9?

2. Why do I have to load the NAVcore in the SD card (and spend a lot of memory)? It seems to me VERY STRANGE - is it because it is not "legal" or is it a "strange-thing" of TT company?

Thanks again

1. Every navcore has it's own bootloader. 8.412 has B/L 5.5128, so a 4GB SDHC card should not be an issue for you.
2. A ONE XL can not run a map from a card using an internal navcore. Nor can it run an internal map with a navcore on a card. The setup has to be all internal or all card.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby georgevl » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:01 pm

lemoni wrote:1) Bootloader 5.5015 or higher is required to read SDHC cards (which are 4GB and above).

Thanks lemoni for the useful info
lemoni wrote:2) When a card is inserted in the device, when booting it up it will only look at the contents of the card. It won't even look in the internal memory. It can't run both the card and internal memory at the same time. You can leave the contents of the internal memory untouched if you are going to use a card instead.

I have noticed that and I was really SURPRISED
I am an old "DOS-guy" (perhaps the young do not know what "DOS" is... lol) so I DO ALWAYS care about my resources - To spend so much memory to load twice the same thing is unbelievable (and UNACCEPTABLE to me!!!)
As tendrive explained it is a limitation of TT ONE XL - At least they improved it later
So I have to explain to my friend (the owner of the TT unit) that he has to buy SEVERAL SD cards to load other MAPs AND THE PROGRAM also!!
Can he buy a big SDHC (say 8GB) and load the program ONCE and several maps in the same SDHC card?
Btw, Are you Greek Lemoni? ;-)
GeorgeInParis/GiwrgosStoParisi
georgevl offline

Postby georgevl » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:07 pm

tendriver wrote:2. A ONE XL can not run a map from a card using an internal navcore. Nor can it run an internal map with a navcore on a card. The setup has to be all internal or all card.

Thanks for the info tendrive. I appreciate your comment that "it is a TT ONE XL unit limitation". I could not believe that TT spends the unit's resources (the memory in this case) in such a foolish way.

I will explain to my friend (the owner of the TT unit) that he has to buy SEVERAL SD cards to load other MAPs AND THE PROGRAM also!!
Can he buy a big SDHC (say 8GB) and load the program ONCE in it and put several maps in the same SDHC card?
georgevl offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom