Post a reply

Map or Navcore for TomTom XL IQ Routes

Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:38 pm

After successfully patching and upgrading my XL IQ last night (thanks to tendriver for his troubleshooting support), I feel ready to embark on a new, bigger and perhaps more complicated endeavor with my gps.

If anyone here knows the map or patched navcore needed to change the map display on my unit to show the road markings, like some of the newer models do. If this is something doable and you would like a guinea pig to test on, I am it! I would like to make the upgrade/changes to the navcore or maps to see if this can be done in my specific unit. Thanks in advance. Please, check pic below for better reference of what I'm talking about.

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:18 pm

All you need is map that has "ALG" (Automatic Lane Guidance) which many do. Have a look at the comparison charts

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:26 pm

bgfcksht wrote:1. If anyone here knows the map or patched navcore needed to change the map display on my unit to show the road markings, like some of the newer models do. If this is something doable and you would like a guinea pig to test on, I am it!
2. I would like to make the upgrade/changes to the navcore or maps to see if this can be done in my specific unit.

1. You are referring to ALG (Automatic Lane Guidance), which is a map feature. Your currrent 9.061 navcore & USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P_3669 map, that you downloaded and has ALG, are all you need.
2. As I told you, Maps are compatible with navcores & not the unit, except for having enuf storage memory.
Post a reply