Map Activation   

Map Activation

Postby otacustes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Hello all :)

I have a TomTom XL and I have downloaded the greece_890_4224 maps but am having trouble activating them.

Am I correct in thinking I must have a meta file entry to be able to use and activate this map? If so where can I get one? I have searched this website but have not come up with one?

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks
otacustes offline

Postby otacustes » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Ok....now I have managed to get the map installed and sort of working....

If I try and change to the Greece map using the emulator in TomTom HOME it works fine but when I disconnect the device and try to use it standalone, I get an error essentially saying the map is not activated.

Any ideas? Thanks
otacustes offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:27 pm

otacustes wrote:Ok....now I have managed to get the map installed and sort of working....

If I try and change to the Greece map using the emulator in TomTom HOME it works fine but when I disconnect the device and try to use it standalone, I get an error essentially saying the map is not activated.

Any ideas? Thanks

What navcore is on your unit? Has it been patched. You can confirm that the map is patched by seeing a .meta.dct file in the map folder.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tenorman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:21 pm

tendriver wrote:What navcore is on your unit? Has it been patched. You can confirm that the map is patched by seeing a .meta.dct file in the map folder.

Autoactivate and fastactivate don't actually create a meta txt do they?? Do they just look on the Net for a posted one?? This is the part I am confused with. For some reason meta's are far and few between this update.
Previous maps activated straight away.
TNX
tenorman offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:50 pm

tenorman wrote:1. Autoactivate and fastactivate don't actually create a meta txt do they??
2. Do they just look on the Net for a posted one?? This is the part I am confused with.
3. For some reason meta's are far and few between this update. Previous maps activated straight away.
TNX

1. No.
2. No. Clicking the FastActivate Up-date button downloads the lastest meta.txt file from the program developer's site.
3. You are ever so right!!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby otacustes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:41 pm

I've somehow managed to get this to work after a bit of trial and error.

To start with I gave up on the v890 maps and tried a v855 map of Greece. Once installed I ran the auto activator which activated the Greece map whilst connected to the PC but once disconnected I got an error saying the map was not activated. So, I tried the fast activate premuim activator and clicked across all four of the buttons and hey presto I seem to have an activated map. The proof of the pudding will be in a couple of weeks 'travelling' around Greece!! :)
otacustes offline

Postby huntsman » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:03 pm

otacustes wrote:I've somehow managed to get this to work after a bit of trial and error.

To start with I gave up on the v890 maps and tried a v855 map of Greece. Once installed I ran the auto activator which activated the Greece map whilst connected to the PC but once disconnected I got an error saying the map was not activated. So, I tried the fast activate premuim activator and clicked across all four of the buttons and hey presto I seem to have an activated map. The proof of the pudding will be in a couple of weeks 'travelling' around Greece!! :)

that mean your first try is without navcore patch
next time you need only AutoActivate (ofcource if meta is released)
huntsman offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom