Loquendo TTS with One XL-S   

Loquendo TTS with One XL-S

Postby firefox15 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:15 am

Hello, everyone. First, you guys are awesome. Thanks to this forum, I managed to upgrade my Navcore, maps, and Bootloader this weekend without much of an issue. I currently have 9.15 Navcore SE, North_America_P_865.3254, and 5.5274 Bootloader on my One XL-S.

Unfortunately, there is one issue that's nagging at me: I can't figure out how to make the Loquendo voices work with my GPS. Since I have the XL-S, I had the Loquendo voices to begin with, so technically my GPS shouldn't have any licensing issues. Could that licensing information have been lost with the automatic installation version of 9.15 SE? Also, since I have the XL-S, I have 64 MB of RAM, so I'm guessing I should have enough to make this work.

I noticed that I had version 6 of Loquendo on 8.01, and that worked fine. After upgrading to a higher version 8 or version 9 SE Navcore though, it breaks. Uninstalling version 6 and installing version 7 via HOME makes no difference. Removing the LoquendoTTS folder manually and installing version 7 via HOME results in the TomTom not seeing the voice at all.

Vocalizer works without an issue, so I'll use it if I have to. However, I would prefer the (from what I gather) better Loquendo voices since I should have enough RAM to support it. Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.
firefox15 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue May 03, 2011 4:04 am

Maybe [color="blue"]this[/color] posting can help ...
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby firefox15 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:20 am

Really appreciate that, thanks. I'll give it a shot and post back with the results.
firefox15 offline

Postby tendriver » Tue May 03, 2011 1:29 pm

firefox15 wrote:I currently have 9.15 Navcore SE, North_America_P_865.3254, and 5.5274 Bootloader on my One XL-S.

9.15 is not a complete navcore number. There is a navcore 9.150 & a 9.151. Yours is ????
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby firefox15 » Tue May 03, 2011 1:35 pm

My apologies. It's 9.150 64 MB edition from this thread.
firefox15 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue May 03, 2011 1:57 pm

Did you have any luck with the TTS voices?
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby firefox15 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Downunder35m wrote:Did you have any luck with the TTS voices?

Didn't have a lot of time to mess with it last night since I went to bed shortly after posting, but I did try some stuff. Unfortunately, it wasn't successful. I deleted and recreated the LoquendoTTS folder. I then extracted the Susan CAB file you linked me to into there. Unfortunately, Susan is still not an option under my voices. The patch made no difference, but I'm guessing the patch has to do with the voice actually coming through, not so much it not showing up. Did I do something wrong?
firefox15 offline

Postby tendriver » Tue May 03, 2011 2:04 pm

firefox15 wrote:My apologies. It's 9.150 64 MB edition from this thread.

OK. Thanx. I would have updated a bit differently. For a 64MB RAM unit, I use the .cab file, deleting the .cab LoquendoTTS folder & copying the rest into the unit, overwriting any common files. Then copy only the ttsystem & PNDNavigator files from X_SE_ttsystem.9.150.554646, again overwriting any common files.

If Downunder's suggestions don't work for you, you might try removing the current navcore, then copying your backup into the unit. Next connect to TT Home & try to update your voice/voices to version 7. Finally follow the steps above.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby firefox15 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:41 pm

tendriver wrote:OK. Thanx. I would have updated a bit differently. For a 64MB RAM unit, I use the .cab file, deleting the .cab LoquendoTTS folder & copying the rest into the unit, overwriting any common files. Then copy only the ttsystem & PNDNavigator files from X_SE_ttsystem.9.150.554646, again overwriting any common files.

If Downunder's suggestions don't work for you, you might try removing the current navcore, then copying your backup into the unit. Next connect to TT Home & try to update your voice/voices to version 7. Finally follow the steps above.

I believe the latest official Navcore for my version was 8.01. Do you know if HOME will update me to Loquendo version 7 on that Navcore, or does it need to be higher?

Also, I understand your suggestion about overwriting ttsystem and PNDNavigator, but can you explain your cab suggestion? I'm not sure I'm following. Sorry. :(
firefox15 offline

Postby tendriver » Tue May 03, 2011 4:09 pm

firefox15 wrote:1. I believe the latest official Navcore for my version was 8.01. Do you know if HOME will update me to Loquendo version 7 on that Navcore, or does it need to be higher?

2. Also, I understand your suggestion about overwriting ttsystem and PNDNavigator, but can you explain your cab suggestion? I'm not sure I'm following. Sorry. :(

1. You will have to run TT Home, Add Traffic, voices, etc to find out.
2. .cab is the navcore direct from TT & is unaltered.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby firefox15 » Tue May 03, 2011 5:28 pm

tendriver wrote:1. You will have to run TT Home, Add Traffic, voices, etc to find out.
2. .cab is the navcore direct from TT & is unaltered.

That's a good idea on the HOME, I'll try that. Hopefully I can isolate this problem a little further that way if it allows me to install version 7 with 8.01. Did version 7 of Loquendo improve the pronunciation any? I was actually pretty impressed with Vocalizer's ability to pronounce things my version 6.9 Loquendo just butchered.
firefox15 offline

Postby firefox15 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:33 am

Unfortunately, I appears that the latest update I can download with HOME on my 8.01 Navcore is 6.91. Does the TomTom look for a certain file in the version 7 folder? The two versions look quite a bit different from a folder structure standpoint. I feel like it would have a good shot at working if I could just get the version 7 voice to show up. The following is my directory structure for version 6.9:Image

Here is my version 7:Image
firefox15 offline

Postby firefox15 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:17 am

Am I missing any files in my root Version 7 directory? Is there a specific file the TomTom looks for to actually "put" the voice in the possible voices?
firefox15 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu May 05, 2011 3:28 am

To get the latest official Navcore on an empty device, using Home, you have to update several times until your device is at the latest.
The link I gave you earlier lead to BMWDRIVERS files and the Loquendo patch from there should work fine.
To get it working you'll need the right libraries (libaec_55.so, libaec_60.so, libaec_65.so for the older voices) wich are included in the voice packs, but for your device you might also need the patched from the earlier post (or one of the complete Navcore packs).
The old Kate voice is likely to work on most devices.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Thu May 05, 2011 3:34 am

firefox15 wrote:Am I missing any files in my root Version 7 directory? Is there a specific file the TomTom looks for to actually "put" the voice in the possible voices?

1. If you are trying to use folder "Version 7" as your LoquendoTTS voice folder, then the folder is mis-named. It MUST be named LoquendoTTS, not Version 7.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom