Latest map advice for TT Start   

Latest map advice for TT Start

Postby moc61 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi.

Im trying to locate the latest maps for a TomTom Start device. Im not sure if it is a TTStart or a TTStart 2 (however this doesnt seem to matter as the comparison chart says both are same spec). I presume that it is an original TT Start, as the box is copyrighted 2009.. The original device came loaded with Europe 42 countries on it. The device contains "Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB" map folder and in it is "Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB-70.meta". Most of the new 895.4438 maps i have seen are all over 2gb in size and would not fit the device. Also, the device has only internal memory. Looking forward to resolve as i have been trying to sort this myself and no luck!

Thanks
moc61
moc61 offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:58 pm

moc61 wrote:Hi.

1. Im trying to locate the latest maps for a TomTom Start device. Im not sure if it is a TTStart or a TTStart 2 (however this doesnt seem to matter as the comparison chart says both are same spec). I presume that it is an original TT Start, as the box is copyrighted 2009..
2. The original device came loaded with Europe 42 countries on it. The device contains "Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB" map folder and in it is "Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB-70.meta". Most of the new 895.4438 maps i have seen are all over 2gb in size and would not fit the device. Also, the device has only internal memory. Looking forward to resolve as i have been trying to sort this myself and no luck!

Thanks
moc61

1. Maps are navcore specific, not device specific, except for the amount of memory available. To know exactly what Start you have, read your device's serial number from the bottom of it's case,then click here: Which TomTom device do I have?

2. This is TT's solution to the 2GB+ maps. [Please Register or Login to download file]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby moc61 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply. Through your link it has determined the device as a 'Start - 2GB'. Would i be right in saying that I can now only put either the latest western zone maps or the latest central zone maps on the device, because of the limited space? Not both?
moc61 offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:43 pm

moc61 wrote:Thanks for the speedy reply. Through your link it has determined the device as a 'Start - 2GB'. Would i be right in saying that I can now only put either the latest western zone maps or the latest central zone maps on the device, because of the limited space? Not both?

You can use any map or any combination of maps, as long as it/they are compatible with your navcore, & it/they don't have a total size over 1800MBs.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom