Invalid application in your gps device   

Invalid application in your gps device

Postby silent1 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:28 am

Just upgraded map for version 865 and navcore from 8.351 to 9.101, after paching everything, the TT Home gives me an error "the aplication on your gps device is invalid". So I checked the file ttgo.bif and it shows navcore 9.101 but TT Home, when checking my aplications says my navcore is still 8.351. The fastactivate says TT Home pached. Any help would be welcome. Tks
silent1 offline

Postby tendriver » Thu May 12, 2011 4:40 am

silent1 wrote:Just upgraded map for version 865 and navcore from 8.351 to 9.101, after paching everything, the TT Home gives me an error "the aplication on your gps device is invalid". So I checked the file ttgo.bif and it shows navcore 9.101 but TT Home, when checking my aplications says my navcore is still 8.351. The fastactivate says TT Home pached. Any help would be welcome. Tks

Open the ttgo.bif file with Notepad.
Replace lines 9 & 10 with these:
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8351
ApplicationVersion=9982
"Save as" ttgo.bak
Disconnect & reboot.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby theunderling » Thu May 12, 2011 7:44 am

Sorry to hijack thread-but I get the same error when using TTHome

TToneV3,original NC7.903,changed to 9.205.Unit says nc is 9.205.547817.103.The backup I made a while back has the nc version 9.205.547817.1.What do I need to edit the ttgo.bif file to stop that

AND

Would I need to connect a mobile phone to "use" Fuel pricing for the UK.Or is it done by the GPS hence no phone is needed.
theunderling offline

Postby tendriver » Thu May 12, 2011 5:19 pm

theunderling wrote:Sorry to hijack thread-but I get the same error when using TTHome

1. TToneV3,original NC7.903,changed to 9.205.Unit says nc is 9.205.547817.103.The backup I made a while back has the nc version 9.205.547817.1.What do I need to edit the ttgo.bif file to stop that

AND

2. Would I need to connect a mobile phone to "use" Fuel pricing for the UK.Or is it done by the GPS hence no phone is needed.

1. Open the ttgo.bif file with Notepad.
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
ApplicationVersion=9183
"Save as" ttgo.bak
Disconnect & reboot.

2. No phone is needed. Just follow the instructions in TomTom Official Fuel Prices post 1.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby theunderling » Thu May 12, 2011 10:32 pm

Thanks tendriver,but nothing is changing.Ive renamed it to .bak(and left the ttgo.bif in the root also),but the 9.205.547817.1 reinstalls itself when I reboot(whether I delete the ttgo.bif or not).
theunderling offline

Postby tendriver » Fri May 13, 2011 12:20 am

theunderling wrote:Thanks tendriver,but nothing is changing.Ive renamed it to .bak(and left the ttgo.bif in the root also),but the 9.205.547817.1 reinstalls itself when I reboot(whether I delete the ttgo.bif or not).

More detailed instructions.
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
ApplicationVersion=9183
Save this change by clicking "File" in the upper left corner of windows explorer, then "Save as" ttgo.bak. Now there is only a ttgo.bak file in the root, no ttgo.bif.
Disconnect & reboot. Now you will have a ttgo.bak, a ttgo.bif & a ttgo.ori file in the root.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby theunderling » Fri May 13, 2011 8:37 am

I have tried this about 5 x times and its still the same.I have never seen ttgo.ori file in any of the various backups for various systems Ive got.Im not sure if I
would have to edit other stuff,like username/tt account name as somethings kicking in immediately and reverting the unit back to what navcore Ive got.
I once edited a text document for something about the TT,I think its maybe that which has to be edited.Unfortunately I cant remember where to find it,but it was
like 5 lines of text,and the text about the navcore in the first line had to be split and half moved to the start of the next line.

but Ive got the fuel rig sorted out....cheers again LOL
theunderling offline

Postby tendriver » Fri May 13, 2011 1:42 pm

theunderling wrote:I have tried this about 5 x times and its still the same.I have never seen ttgo.ori file in any of the various backups for various systems Ive got.Im not sure if I
would have to edit other stuff,like username/tt account name as somethings kicking in immediately and reverting the unit back to what navcore Ive got.
I once edited a text document for something about the TT,I think its maybe that which has to be edited.Unfortunately I cant remember where to find it,but it was
like 5 lines of text,and the text about the navcore in the first line had to be split and half moved to the start of the next line.

but Ive got the fuel rig sorted out....cheers again LOL

PM me an unedited copy of your ttgo.bif file.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby silent1 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:44 pm

Thanks Tendrive. I've followed your instructions but it did't work out. It seems to be working fine, but I would like to get rid of that anoying notice.
BRegards
silent1 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri May 13, 2011 6:59 pm

silent1 wrote:Thanks Tendrive. I've followed your instructions but it did't work out. It seems to be working fine, but I would like to get rid of that anoying notice.
BRegards

ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8351
ApplicationVersion=9982
Save this change by clicking "File" in the upper left corner of windows explorer, then "Save as" ttgo.bak. Now there is only a ttgo.bak file in the root, no ttgo.bif.
Disconnect & reboot. Now you will have a ttgo.bak, a ttgo.bif & a ttgo.ori file in the root.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby theunderling » Sat May 14, 2011 1:09 am

tendriver wrote:PM me an unedited copy of your ttgo.bif file.

Ive tried that and its still the same.Its only a niggling little problem as that error surfaces as soon as I connect to TTH-but I click ok and that gets rid of it.
Dont you think its something to do with my e-mail being registered for the 7.903 nc as when I open TTH,Im logged in and it detects its 9.205 instead of 7.903.The bloody ttgo.bif file has my e-mail innit.

Anyway,cheers

p.s....you need to clear out some of your PM's,as youve reached the max
theunderling offline

Postby tendriver » Sat May 14, 2011 1:27 am

theunderling wrote:1. Ive tried that and its still the same.Its only a niggling little problem as that error surfaces as soon as I connect to TTH-but I click ok and that gets rid of it.
2. Dont you think its something to do with my e-mail being registered for the 7.903 nc as when I open TTH,Im logged in and it detects its 9.205 instead of 7.903.The bloody ttgo.bif file has my e-mail innit.

Anyway,cheers

3. p.s....you need to clear out some of your PM's,as youve reached the max

1. Use these values:
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
ApplicationVersion=9369

2. Absolutely not!!

3. Thanx for the heads up.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom