Internal Memory problem   

Internal Memory problem

Postby X4R » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Hello everyone, first of all please excuse my poor english but I'm french and I do not write very well in English. I'll try to explain my problem the best. I have a tomtom GO720 internal memory and no longer works. (memory is no longer recognized on the computer and everything was on the map no longer appears on the device) Fortunately there is a slot for an SD card but when I inserted the SD card into the device TomTom HOME does not recognize the GPS so I guess I have to reinstall everything on the SD card. Can you tell me what I need to install this card to retrieve my GPS? I find a tutorial on the forum but I did not find a walking track to reinstall everything. I hope that you will be able to help me because I had planned to go on holiday with this GPS next week. (I still have a card on my computer). Again sorry my bad English.
X4R offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:05 pm

X4R wrote:I have a tomtom GO720 internal memory and no longer works. (memory is no longer recognized on the computer and everything was on the map no longer appears on the device

Are you saying that your 720 internal memory is not recognized by TT Home, but boots & runs normally, when disconnected from you computer? If so, this problem usually occurs when a device is not disconnected from a computer correctly. A 30 second "Hard Reset", using the reset button on the bottom of your 720's case, should correct this issue.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby X4R » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:18 am

thank you for your reply but I have explained my problem wrong, the camera does not work properly when disconnected from the computer. All data in the internal memory (voice, map, ...) are no longer recognized. For now I can not even start to, it remains blocked on the black screen with marked tomtom and tomtom logo. I tried the solution of the reset but it does not work. Can I do something to try to repair the unit? Thank you in advance.
X4R offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:25 am

Connect to PC,
delete all all files on the internal memory,
start TT Home and let Home update your device.
If it boots normal after that we can fix the rest.
Your TT will complain about missing maps but don't worry.

In cast the TT starts normal again you can repeat the update with Home until you get the 9.465 version installed.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom