Igo primo on tomtom xxl device   

Igo primo on tomtom xxl device

Postby Tommygr » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi all and thank you so much for the support that i found on your wonderful resource forum.
i recently bought a tomtom xxl device but i do not like it's software and maps.
I formatted the device's hard drive and i put all the igo primo 2 files and maps that were working fine on my previous mio device (i used mio unlock program there).
The problem is that the xxl device is not starting with the primo software. So i downloaded the tomtom home software and it installed the setup files for the device.
Now the device starts, but with the tomtom software and with no maps since i did not make a backup.
Is there i way i can run igo primo on this device?
Thank you very much for your replies.
Tommygr offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:43 pm

Tommygr wrote:Is there i way i can run igo primo on this device?

You could have saved youself a lot of wasted time & effort, if you had asked before you tried.

The answer is, "NO, it can't be done!!"
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Tommygr » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Yes i screwed up big time tendriver and i realise now after so many hours to try and return to my previous tomotom map to run.
The only way is to download the map i am interested from your post regarding the maps threads?
If i download the map will it run automatically? (meaning the one with the installer) or do i need to obtain from somewhere this meta key that i read about below the download link?
Specifically, i see that i have build 890926.2-2008 so i am downloading from your post the Greek map for this version.
Let's hope i can at least make it work so i will not have to buy a new device again.
Tommygr offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 pm

Tommygr wrote:Yes i screwed up big time tendriver and i realise now after so many hours to try and return to my previous tomotom map to run.
The only way is to download the map i am interested from your post regarding the maps threads?
If i download the map will it run automatically? (meaning the one with the installer) or do i need to obtain from somewhere this meta key that i read about below the download link?
Specifically, i see that i have build 890926.2-2008 so i am downloading from your post the Greek map for this version.
Let's hope i can at least make it work so i will not have to buy a new device again.

XXL current navcore 9.430

Current usable map Greece 885.4008

Patcher: FastActivate 1.8.9.0 Required metas are included

To use the installer map version is up to you. Map installation is nothing more than downloading, unzipping & copying the new map folder into the XXL, then patching it.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom