How To Transfer your own MapShare corrections to a new map   

How To Transfer your own MapShare corrections to a new map

Postby cista » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:50 pm

i've try to copy old mapuserpatch.dat to the new map folder, but when you start the device it's changed with an new mapuserpatch.dat file blank (1kb instade of 20kb of the old one)

any fix is possible?

Thanx
cista offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:31 pm

cista wrote:i've try to copy old mapuserpatch.dat to the new map folder, but when you start the device it's changed with an new mapuserpatch.dat file blank (1kb instade of 20kb of the old one)
any fix is possible
Thanx

Copy the mapsettings.cfg file to the new map folder.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cista » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:36 pm

it's doesn't work.... according to many people discussing the issue on tomtom message board, is impossible to transfer any changes to a new map...you should do all your correction manually again (also the ones that you decide not to share). I wonder if someone could find a solution!!!!
cista offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:04 pm

cista wrote:it's doesn't work.... according to many people discussing the issue on tomtom message board, is impossible to transfer any changes to a new map...you should do all your correction manually again (also the ones that you decide not to share). I wonder if someone could find a solution!!!!

C:\Users\User's Name\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Sharing
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cista » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:15 pm

I've found the folder you said.....there one called sharing and another one called uploads with inside another one called Mapcorrections....all the folders are empty....so what I should do?

Thanx again
cista offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:01 pm

cista wrote:i've try to copy old mapuserpatch.dat to the new map folder, but when you start the device it's changed with an new mapuserpatch.dat file blank (1kb instade of 20kb of the old one)
any fix is possible?

Thanx

1.Go to the old map directory and copy the MapUserPatch.dat file to your PC;
2.Then update your old map to a new version or another map;
3.Copy the MapUserPatch.dat file from your PC to the new map directory on your TomTom;
4.Use the 'Operate my START/ONE/XL/GO' function in TomTom HOME. Calculate a route to any destination using the new map;
5.Then you can disconnect your device using the 'Device > Disconnect Device' option in the TomTom HOME menu;
6.You can now use your own MapShare corrections with the new map..
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cista » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Ok but I can't find any Operate my START/ONE/XL/GO' function button (or choice) in my TomTom HOME....my TTH version is 2.9.1.2790

(any screen-shot?)

Thanx
cista offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:57 pm

cista wrote:Ok but I can't find any Operate my START/ONE/XL/GO' function button (or choice) in my TomTom HOME....my TTH version is 2.9.1.2790

TT Home page 2 "Operate my device".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cista » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Found it....But I couldn't calculate any route..... TTH said that is impossible to use the (cracked) map that is on the device. Standalone the map works fine. Should I've to crack TTH as well?

Thanx
cista offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:23 pm

cista wrote:Found it....But I couldn't calculate any route..... TTH said that is impossible to use the (cracked) map that is on the device. Standalone the map works fine. Should I've to crack TTH as well?

Thanx

Yes TT Home must be patched to use "Operate my device" with a patched map & navcore.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cista » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Ah...ok finally I've done the complete procedure! But as I suspected.....DOESN'T WORK...The device don't care at all of my old file with the corrections. That is an issue that someone, I hope, will solved in the future.

Thanx for now
cista offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 pm

cista wrote:Ah...ok finally I've done the complete procedure! But as I suspected.....DOESN'T WORK...The device don't care at all of my old file with the corrections. That is an issue that someone, I hope, will solved in the future.

Thanx for now

The instructions in post 6 came straight from TT. Either they don't know what they are talking about, or maybe you missed something doing the procedure.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom