how to put tomtom in a viamichelin x950   

how to put tomtom in a viamichelin x950

Postby rx7 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:40 pm

A friend of mine asked me to update his gps, is a viamichelin x950. is it possible to put a tomtom nav and map?
Any help is welcome.
rx7 offline

Postby djc151084 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:58 pm

first you need to find out what OS it is running, does it run WinCE or WM or other ?
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby rx7 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:32 pm

ty.its wince
rx7 offline

Postby combat goofwing » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:39 pm

if its ce then heres a rough guide depending on your device set up

here goes i did this using the basic mio unlock desktop on a navman s50 running CE5.0 s so i would hope the basics will be the same.it may work
First unlock the device using miomoo unlock
On the storage card create a folder called Navigator and into that folder put theses files

[Please Register or Login to download file]

Now using your pc , look in the device root memory and in Programs you should find “FileManCE” move this into Desktop folder of the device and Reboot.You can now use FileManCE to run programmes on the desk top
copy your map ,voices, and fast activation tool to the root of the storage card
now using the file manCE on your desktop got into there and run the tom tom navigator .exe file it should be in Navigator\TomTom Navigator\tom tom navigator.exe .Run it until you get invalid maps
then on your pc go into the storage card and run the fast activation to patch device/ maps/ voices etc etc
that should have it working, too create a desktop shortcut for tom tom follow the 2 links below

also there is a bug in this navigator when you contect to car for use so, once you have it all running ,shortcuts created and maps patched .Then you need to overwrite the tom tom .exe file with a new one here in the zip for you. just rename the file by adding .exe on the end and copy it into Navigato\TomTom Navigator file and overwrite

hope this is clear enough
Be aware this is just a basic tom tom navigator program for mobiles etc so while you can have upto date maps and speed cams etc , you will not be able to use tt vocalizer for street names or ALG

also added is the miomove desktop unlock file

Credit goes to Neil over at Navman man forum who helped me work through this
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby rx7 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:55 pm

ty.but [Please Register or Login to download file] files cannot be found.

before reading any of the answers i made a hard reset on the device and put these files on the sdcard [Please Register or Login to download file]
Any help is welcome
rx7 offline

Postby rx7 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:09 pm

on the back of the device says win ce net 4.2 core
after making this:i made a hard reset on the device and put these files on the sdcard [Please Register or Login to download file]
i got a windows enviroment insted of the michelin navigator.

i have even 1 more problem i cant connect the device to the pc. the pc says that it has no controler
rx7 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:36 am

I ran Tomtom on a Win CE 4.2 device, You need to run navcore 7,450 from within a mortscript otherwise it crashes with an out of memory error, TBH it's a pain in the proverbial because it always starts up with a route in memory and it corrupts itself reguarly needing to be reinstalled from a pc, When it works it's ok but i'd recommend iGO Primo for a trouble free sat nav. Make sure you use the WinCE 4.2 version of the TTS dlls for TTS.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby rx7 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:16 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:I ran Tomtom on a Win CE 4.2 device, You need to run navcore 7,450 from within a mortscript otherwise it crashes with an out of memory error, TBH it's a pain in the proverbial because it always starts up with a route in memory and it corrupts itself reguarly needing to be reinstalled from a pc, When it works it's ok but i'd recommend iGO Primo for a trouble free sat nav. Make sure you use the WinCE 4.2 version of the TTS dlls for TTS.

ty Fatboyfun. can someone help me to do this or something else to improve my device. any help is welcome
rx7 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:09 am

Everything you need is available on this forum or from torrents. You need the iGO Primo application, check what resolution your device is and find the data.zip for it, and maps for your area, Then you can add features like tts and buildings if you want. It sounds more complicated than it is.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby djc151084 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:24 am

Fatboyfun wrote: You need the iGO Primo application, check what resolution your device is and find the data.zip for it, and maps for your area, Then you can add features like tts and buildings if you want. It sounds more complicated than it is.

Please start a new topic in the IGO forum to talk about that OS

Fatboyfun wrote:or from torrents.

Software/maps ect not downloaded from here are not supported here by the staff and we take no responsibillity for the files downloaded/used from other sources.
djc151084 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about TomTom