TT HOME 2 does NOT install fresh navcore on formatted TT ONE   

TT HOME 2 does NOT install fresh navcore on formatted TT ONE

Postby beekprik » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:36 pm

A few days ago I formatted my TT ONE (FAT32, quick formatting unchecked) and TT HOME 2 installed a fresh copy of navcore (8.010).
During the fresh install I unchecked the option to install the extra program to find the satellites quickly.

Now I want to install the extra program and I thought: a new format of my TT ONE will start a fresh update op navcore and I can choose to install the extra program to quickly find the satellites.

Problem: I have an empty TT ONE, but TT HOME 2 says that my TT ONE is up to date and no update is available.

Question: how can I make TT HOME 2 to install a fresh navcore on my TT ONE (and of course th eextra update)?

Has someone had the same problem?
beekprik offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:35 am

How or where does it say to format our device?
This is only causeing extrem stress to the memory and shortens the lifespan drastically.
Killing all on a device just to download quick fix data is like ripping the engine out of car just because you have a flat tyre.
A quick look in our tutorials would have solved your problem without any formats.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby beekprik » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:09 pm

Downunder35m,

Ik have searched the forum, but found no matches.
Had no idea that the memory could be damaged.

But ... how do I go from here.
Any suggestion?

gr. Beekprik
beekprik offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:23 pm

Depends...
If you want the old original Navcore and only basic maps you can use the official Navcore and a suitable map.
Otherwise use one of my installers in the Navcore section and select a Navcore with Memory Boost, this way you have the latest and can use almost any map TT offers.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby beekprik » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:20 pm

OK, thnx for the advice.

I will look in the navcore section.

gr. Beekprik
beekprik offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:46 pm

beekprik wrote:Problem: I have an empty TT ONE, but TT HOME 2 says that my TT ONE is up to date and no update is available.

Everything downloaded from TT Home goes to your TT download folder before it is installed on you device. You are getting the TT ONE is up to date message because TT is seeing the 8010 navcore in the TT download folder.

To locate the TT download folder, start TT Home, then go to Tools, HOME preferences. Click the Folders tab, & you will see the Downloads path. Follow it to the end & you should see the previously downloaded NCs, including 8010. You can either delete the 8010 folder & have TT Home reinstall it or open the 8010 folder & copy the files to your unit. The results willl be the same, either way that you do it.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom