TT Home Bif File   

TT Home Bif File

Postby peebee » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:51 pm

I wonder if some kind soul can advise me re the correct version codes for the .bif file so that HOME recognizes my version of map etc.
Looking on the forum I have found different codes, clearly because of varying map versions I assume.

I am running map 875.3613 with a 9205.547817 navcore. All loaded on to a TT720 GO
peebee offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:02 pm

peebee wrote:I wonder if some kind soul can advise me re the correct version codes for the .bif file so that HOME recognizes my version of map etc.
Looking on the forum I have found different codes, clearly because of varying map versions I assume.
I am running map 875.3613 with a 9205.547817 navcore. All loaded on to a TT720 GO

Download this .rar.
[Please Register or Login to download file]

Unzip it and copy the folder here:

With XP[/font]
C:\Documents and Settings\ User Name\ApplicationData\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\extensions\ [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
[/font]

With Vista or Windows 7
C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\extensions\[email protected]
[/font]

Run your TT Home patcher. Now "Operate my GO" should function.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby peebee » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:12 pm

Thanks Tendriver, thats working a treat now.

I was under the impression though that altering the .bif file with something like '9205 & 8804' would correct the error that Home displays indicating 'You have an invalid version of the Tom Tom application installed on your device'.
peebee offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:22 pm

peebee wrote:Thanks Tendriver, thats working a treat now.

I was under the impression though that altering the .bif file with something like '9205 & 8804' would correct the error that Home displays indicating 'You have an invalid version of the Tom Tom application installed on your device'.

To fix the version error message.
Open the ttgo.bif file with Notepad.
Replace lines 9 & 10 with these:
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8351
ApplicationVersion=9982
Save this change by clicking "File" in the upper left corner of windows explorer, then "Save as" ttgo.bak. At this point, there is only a ttgo.bak file in the root, no ttgo.bif.
Disconnect & reboot. Now you will have a ttgo.bak, a ttgo.bif & a ttgo.ori file in the root & no error message..
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby peebee » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:44 pm

Yes that changed the file OK, thanks and overcame the error that was being displayed.

When I then logged into Home and Operate My Go I was required to download a file, which Home did. Then an error is displayed which says 'Problem With Map. You cannot use this map on this device : Europe_West -386'.

I have rechecked the 2 version codes in the .bif file and they are as you advised. I would be grateful for any suggestions.l
peebee offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:53 pm

peebee wrote:Yes that changed the file OK, thanks and overcame the error that was being displayed.

1. When I then logged into Home and Operate My Go I was required to download a file, which Home did. Then an error is displayed which says 'Problem With Map. You cannot use this map on this device : Europe_West -386'.

2. I have rechecked the 2 version codes in the .bif file and they are as you advised. I would be grateful for any suggestions.l

1. Run your patcher & patch TT Home again.
2. As they should be.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby peebee » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:31 am

Yes !. That did it, thanks Tendriver for all your help.
peebee offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:45 am

peebee wrote:Yes !. That did it, thanks Tendriver for all your help.

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom