Help with Safety Cameras   

Help with Safety Cameras

Postby sharky1234 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:21 pm

I'm new to this forum and have spent the last 3 days trying to get my TomTom One 3rd Edition updated.

I've now managed to update the Navcore to 9.485 and have a UK Map installed version 905.4754. All seems to work well apart from 2 issues;

1) The speed camera reporting icon is shown on the screen and appears to work, but the option to switch on alerts within services is greyed out - this is despite the fact that they are recognised in TomTom Home and patched using FastActivate.

2) The ALG does not appear to work and there is no option to show it under preferences - but I thought that the Navcore and Map that I have used should work.

Can anyone please give me some advice as to how I can resolve these little issues or have I missed something obvious?
sharky1234 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:54 pm

sharky1234 wrote:1. I've now managed to update the Navcore to 9.485 and have a UK Map installed version 905.4754. All seems to work well apart from 2 issues;

2) The speed camera reporting icon is shown on the screen and appears to work, but the option to switch on alerts within services is greyed out - this is despite the fact that they are recognised in TomTom Home and patched using FastActivate.

3) The ALG does not appear to work and there is no option to show it under preferences - but I thought that the Navcore and Map that I have used should work.

1. Where did you get your 9.485 navcore? UK&ROI v915.5074 is the current replacement for 905.4754.
2. Can't answer without knowing where you got your navcore.
3. Look in Change preferences, Advanced preferences, if you have this option.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby sharky1234 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:50 pm

Thank you!

Got the 9.485 Navcore from this site - managed to get it working, have no idea how because I tried so many things, but now I don't get the visual camera showing up in advance, I still get warning noise but instead the square which shows the speed flashes red.

I can live with that if I have to, although did like the visual warning.
sharky1234 offline

Postby dieselman » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:25 pm

try Downunders navcore 9.485 with memory boost for 32mb devices and try the different emulations as they give you different options in the menus. Find the one that works best for you. I'm sure there will be one that gives you what you're after.
dieselman offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:16 pm

sharky1234 wrote:Thank you!

1. Got the 9.485 Navcore from this site - managed to get it working, have no idea how because I tried so many things,
2. but now I don't get the visual camera showing up in advance, I still get warning noise but instead the square which shows the speed flashes red.

I can live with that if I have to, although did like the visual warning.

1. There are several 9.485 modified versions available. They all set up differently. You can help me help you, if you can tell me exactly where you got it.
2. This is 1 of the reasons for the point 1 request.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom