Help with fastactivate.exe   

Help with fastactivate.exe

Postby Nano09 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm trying to update the map on my tomtom but fastactivate.exe is giving me the following error:

File TTGO.BIF or TTNAVIGATOR.BIF not found.

I am running fastactivate.exe from the root folder of my tomtom device and TTGO.BIF is indeed located in the root file of my XXL 540, but the other one is not.

One thing that I saw that seems strange, is that when I run fastactivate.exe from my desktop I get the same error, but it never asks me to point to the letter of the tom-tom drive.

Any hints on what can be wrong?

THANKS!!!
Nano09 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:54 pm

The instructions for FA are pretty clear.
The ttgo.bif is created at every succesful start of the TT, if FA can't use it I suggest you delete it and let your device create a new one (or use a backup if you have).
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Nano09 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:04 am

I thought the TTNAVIGATOR.BIF was the problem as that file is not present. I'll try deleting TTGO.BIF now...

Nano09 offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:04 am

Nano09 wrote:I thought the TTNAVIGATOR.BIF was the problem as that file is not present. I'll try deleting TTGO.BIF now...

Some devices use the ttgo.bif file, some use the ttnavigator.bif file, none use both. Your XXL uses the ttgo.bif file. Put your ttgo.bif file & FastActivate Premium 1.8.9.0 Updated 04.11.2012 in the map folder & run the map patcher function only.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Nano09 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks for your help guys! My problem was a 'user' problem. It turns out I was using VMware on a mac and it was mounting the unit to the mac and 'mapping' to windows in the virtual machine as opposed to mounting it in windows directly.

Once I corrected this and mounted directly in windows I was able to run fast activate without any problems.

Thanks for your help! :-)
Nano09 offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:45 am

Thanx for the update. Glad you got it sorted.

This is a perfect example of why we nag members to give us as much info as possible. Our help & answers are only as good as the information that our members give us to work with. Am I being critical of you? NO! Just hoping other members will read & heed.

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom